Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Someone finally listened!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have worked here five years, and for five years I have been asking if I can be backup batch writer for another girl. I have always wanted to learn her job because it would help me get a better understanding for recipes and blends and all that stuff. Well, for whatever reason my boss has come up with excuses why I can't. I was actually starting to think she just thought I'm too stupid to do it. Well, the girl is going on maternity leave in May and the last I had heard was that they were hiring a temp to do her job! I was so mad! But, my boss's boss actually asked me into a meeting yesterday morning to talk with me about doing batch writing while Kellie is gone :-) It's not written in stone yet because there is a meeting about it next week with the VP's but she said she was going to put my name out there which made me super happy! My boss is going to flip out, but her boss said she'd take care of it.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yay!  Cross training is always good for that exact purpose.  No temp needed if someone already on payroll can do the job!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Yay!  Cross training is always good for that exact purpose.  No temp needed if someone already on payroll can do the job!

that was my thinking! not to mention it can be an extremely complicated and detail oriented job and training a temp for it would be insane.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Sweet.  Hope that works out for you.

mickstinator
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM

That's awesome! Getting broad experience is one of the best things you can do at a job, too! 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

That's awesome! Hopefully that works out so you can do it! Cross training always gives you a better understanding of how your company works and why the rules are the way they are. I love it!

peacemom28
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Awesome! Hope it all works out!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I really hope you get it!!!

Jennybenny01
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I hope it works out for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Oh, fingers crossed!! That'd be great for you! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)