Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

WoRking mom vs multi marketing working mom.... Opinions please

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 28 Replies
I work for a multi marketing company and I do very well but others just really do not believe that someone can do good with a company like mine.. I'm just wondering from someone's view the down side.. I'm in it so I see the positives but I'm having a hard time wondering why people turn it down. Help lol
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christyg
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
5 moms liked this

I turn down these things because I refuse to bug my friends/family to join along with me. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Exactly.

Quoting christyg:

I turn down these things because I refuse to bug my friends/family to join along with me. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like sales. Plain and simple. You have to like sales. I worked with Discovery Toys for awhile, and I did ok. I saw that I could make a lot more if I was willing to put in the time for sales, but I hated the sales part..even if I believed in the product. I run a business now where I'm the buyer in person to person sales and then my sales are soft sales in a store setting. I do much better in that role, and its not MLM.

DanielleBOOM
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I haven't heard of that one before but it's good for me to get insight. I don't pressure people to sign. They normally see what we offer and because the company is new they want to sign. Not all but some lol.

Quoting christyg:

DanielleBOOM
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Bump

sarahfire
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I'm not sure what a "multi marketing" company is....you mean you sell things? Like Avon, Tupperware, Scentsy?

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I would hate it. I don't like dealing with people I don't know. And, the thought of trying to sell anything just about gives me hives.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Even as a kid, I didn't like selling candy bars for softball.  My job now is starting to require to do fundraising and I hate it.  It's like I get anxiety.

Quoting christyg:

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I work in a training department (corporate side) of a multilevel marketing company. I see the successes and the failures. I've written training on how to go out and build your business. I've produced videos on the products, but I just don't have it in me  I don't like rejection. I don't like playing cat and mouse games with people, and lots of times, that's what you get when someone doesn't want to buy whatever you're selling.

I'm glad you're having success with your endeavour.

lnrmom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I've tried those types of things before, but quite honestly, I'm not a sales person. I'm painfully shy and going out and talking to people I don't know about products? Yeah.. that's not happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)