Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

boss issues, need advice.

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 2 Replies

so new boss has only been in her position for a year come feb. before that she was what  i am. so now she is condesending when we have ? or comments, and she NEVER ANSWERS ? straight, always with a ?.  even in group mtgs. so here are my options, do nothing and transfer out as quick as possible, say something to her boss.  our office is becoming more and more hostile do to her poor mgmt and communication. ex. she will tell 1 -2 staff of a change she is making, but not the rest, so by the end of the week half the office is doing 1thing and the other half doing something else, and arguing about who is doing it  right. it is crazy and stressful.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM

It depends on how approachable she is. I would send her boss an e-amil voicing some of our concerns and let him deal with it.

allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM

If she is approachable, I would consider talking to her and just stating "facts" - ex. she will tell 1 -2 staff of a change she is making, but not the rest.  If theere is a time when you are one of the uninformed, tell her it is hard for you to do the best job when you are missing necessary information.  Ask if there is anything you can do?  If you've given that a chance and you don't see any movement in the positive direction, I would transfer to anohter area BEFORE I would go over your "boss" and complain to her boss.  (Rarely does anything good come from going over the head of a boss.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)