Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

LOL..Doh

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, most of you know I had been talking with this company that I just switched to well before I moved. They have been soft contacting me for years and I kept just turning them down on the spot. Back in August a placement agency called for them and he hit me up just at the right time to get my ear. However, they just wanted to offer me a base level engineering position, so I turned them down. I actually ended up getting the job I have now because a person I used to work with knew I was interested and offered me a much more challenging position. Ok, enough back story :)

As of last week, I was in the system and was able to be added to projects no problem. Everything seemed smooth. Today, my boss is all of a sudden having issues adding me to projects. My name is gone from the company list (email is still working and I can still log my hours under other projects). While I'm dealing with that, I get a missed call from that same recruiter saying the company now wants to do a phone interview for a project engineer position (which is higher than their first offer). I have to wonder if the two are connected, and doubly wonder how they didn't see I was already employed with them before trying to set up another interview!! DH is all for me taking another position if it doubles the pay! LOL

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I would be wondering what's up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Honestly they are just hiring so fast right now, I think they went back to old information and grabbed my name again. The confusion in the system is probably an error caused by using old information or just a coincidence.. I don't think anything is really up and my boss has made it clear he has no intention of losing me (he was on HR immediately to fix the issue...cc'd me on the email communication). Its just funny. 

Quoting deccaf:

I would be wondering what's up.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:55 AM
A comedy of errors :)
allyn9
by Carey on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM

What a nice situation to be in - to be wanted by so many!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM
That's really weird
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN