Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

So annoyed right now…

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

Let me start with a little back story. A month ago my SIL came to move in with us because her boyfriend kicked her out. Well my job was hiring for a file clerk. I asked if it would be okay for her to interview for the position. I didn't ask that she be given the job. Just a chance to interview. And mind you she would not report to me. I was told that the owner does not want family working together. Which I am not the only one in the company that was told no family.

Fast forward to now. We had another position open up. Instead of interviewing people for the position, it is just given to my boss's sister. WTF! How is this even fair?

Do I say something to HR or just leave it alone?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Generally leave it alone since it is the boss.  He/she can over rule a lot of the regulations HR puts into effect.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I would leave it alone since it was the boss. sorry that happened! it does seem unfair

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That stinks. I'm sorry! Unfortunately since it was the boss and HR who hired the person, there's probably not much use in saying something.

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Leav it alone.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I would leave it alone, it is unfair though

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Since thats not really discrimination, you don't really have a leg to stand on with HR. Totally unfair, but I wouldn't say anything.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

It's unfair but I'd leave it alone.

MsMimna
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Don't rock the boat...because it could ultimately cost you your position. It is definetly unfair but I would leave it Alone !!

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Since it concerns the boss, I would just let it be, BUT, if you are on good and friendly terms with the boss and because it appears to be bothering you, you might just ask (when the moment feels right) if the company has changed "rules" and family can now apply.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)