Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Tax Time!

Everyone On got their W-2's Right?  Say I

Who has done their Taxes  already? SAY I

Who likes to Procrastinate, wait for the last minute? Say i

Who owes Taxes? Say I.... We won't tell. LOl

Who will get a refund? Say I

What will the refund be used for?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I won't owe anything I claim single 0 all year

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM

We just got our final W2 today. We probably won't do them for a little bit. DH and I aim to break even every year, so the only push to get them done is no late fee if we do end up owing any. Last year we got back like $500 from federal but owed $600 to state.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Got all my forms yesterday, getting enough back to pay off the van and get some work done on it, repair a window, get propane, some landscaping, and some fun- just waiting to see what sort of delay to expect because of the educational credit.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I think we're still waiting for a couple w2's. Dh plans to do ours after we get the missing ones.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I do have my W-2 but I haven't filed yet. I definitely do not wait til the last minute lol I shouldn't owe anything, but I guess anything could happen. My goal is to pay off the tires I just had to buy.  

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I don't have my husband's W-2, yet. He may have it, but I haven't seen it. So, I haven't done our taxes. I don't wait until the last minute to prepare them, but I usually wait to file since we almost always owe. We will mostly likely owe. In the rare event we get a refund, it will probably be less than $200, and will just go in our savings account.

celticgodess
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

My mom works for an accuntant who does my taxes for free so they get done when he can squeeze us in, but I have gotten everything to them :)  $1000 will go into each of my girls college fund, I am getting new glasses!, DH and I both need some new work clothes and I am having my housekeeper come in!!  Yeah!!

BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Taxes are done and electronically sent in.  Just waiting on them to tell me they have been accepted.

We are using a small portion to get a couple of things done around the apartment, but the bulk is going to buying a van, since we are now a family of 6 and cannot fit in my little 5 seated.  I am hoping to have enough to buy it out right, but we'll see.  If not, my bank was the bank that leased my first car, so I'm hoping they will give me a small loan to get another one and I can have much smaller payments.  I don't want a brand new one, just something I can fit the entire family in.

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Won't file my taxes until they are due this year - because I will owe money.

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I'm getting mine done tomorrow. I expect a refund. I need to pay some bills, decorate the nursery, and put away for Disney
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN