Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Volunteering?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 24 Replies

Just wondering if any of you working moms have a regular volunteering gig as well.  I'm considering it, but can't decide what I'd like to do.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Bump I've thought about voluteering but haven't looked into it more

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I used to do soooo much volunteering but I don't have the time anymore. I would like to but, it's just not realistic with my schedule the way it is. I volunteered with the Boy Scouts for like 13-14 years. I also did alot of volunteer work with my mothers employer, Time Warner Cable for years and years. I wanted to volunteer at an abortion clinic but like I said I just don't have the time anymore.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am the secretary for the local chapter of one of my alumni associations. I finally got around to joining my other local alumni association this year, and they do several volunteer projects, so I'm planning to get involved with those, too. Previously, I was treasurer of the PTA at my kids' school.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I just took on the gig of treasurer for the boy scout pack that my son is in. I also help out with various things at his school as my schedule allows. Between working 8-5, and having 4 kids at home, there's not much free time. Seems like we have at least one EC every evening, and usually 2 or 3.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

When I have time, I will.  That is looking like it will be next year.  I should finish my degree in December, so that will free up a lot of time.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I would love to if I had more time ~ I would probably work at a shelter working with the animals.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I volunteer as a coach for basketball and softball (2 teams at the same time).  I volunteer as the Coach Coordinator for our Little League board.  I volunteer as the Box Tops Coordinator for their school (and have been for 4 years). 

I also do volunteering here and there for their school and PTA when I can.

MansfieldMama
by Angela on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My sons and I volunteer at the church's food pantry on Friday's during the summer, and we visit an assisted living home weekly throughout the year.

campingmomof4
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have kids at home any longer.   All 4 of mine are adults.  I did all kinds of volunteer stuff when the kids where younger.   Team mom for every sport you can think of.   I was on the PTA.   I was a sunday school teacher.   I was a girl scout leader for years and did every level.   I was gs cookie chairman.   I was a home room mom many times.  I went on many field trips.   I helped at boyscouts and cubscouts.   I helped with band, choir, the school musical, etc.    I walked in many parades also for different things. 

Now I am glad to volunteer in adult things.  I am a member of the Ladies Auxiliary to the VFW.  I have been president, junior vp, treasure, a few other postions.   I am an active Blue Star mother.  

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I did Cub Scouts for a while until his pack closed. Now I help with wrestling. I would love to volunteer more but there just isn't enough time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)