Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Just wondering if any of you working moms have a regular volunteering gig as well.  I'm considering it, but can't decide what I'd like to do.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Wow. How do you find time to do it all?

Quoting M4LG5:

I volunteer as a coach for basketball and softball (2 teams at the same time).  I volunteer as the Coach Coordinator for our Little League board.  I volunteer as the Box Tops Coordinator for their school (and have been for 4 years). 

I also do volunteering here and there for their school and PTA when I can.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I would like to, but can't find my niche. Ds1 starts kindergarten be/t year so I will likely volunteer with his school. DH is going to help with his baseball team.

Quoting the3Rs:

Just wondering if any of you working moms have a regular volunteering gig as well.  I'm considering it, but can't decide what I'd like to do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Well....I coach my kids so they are already ther and practices and games are after work. Box tops can be done at home in an afternoon 3-4 times a year. I will do a flyer that many times too. I also have a parent each class to keep track of their own child's class. I'm new to the little league board so that does require time but my husband is.understanding.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Wow. How do you find time to do it all?

Quoting M4LG5:

I volunteer as a coach for basketball and softball (2 teams at the same time).  I volunteer as the Coach Coordinator for our Little League board.  I volunteer as the Box Tops Coordinator for their school (and have been for 4 years). 

I also do volunteering here and there for their school and PTA when I can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celticgodess
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I can't wait tll DD is old enough to do something together

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Scout ldr, committee member. Volunteer to help at school events.
Medusa686
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

No but I wish I had the time to

pattya925
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I used to be the BoxTops/Labels for Ed coordinator but resigned at the end of last school year. My schedule makes it tough to volunteer consistently - The days change weekly as well as the shift.
Bookwormy
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
During the summer before & my Sr year of undergrad I volunteered at a domestic violence shelter. For many yrs I volunteered at the local rape crisis center. Since I got my MSSW & am working in the field I haven't had time. I tried recently to vol w/MADD, but I just couldn't find the time. So I haven't volunteered in over 15 yrs.

I do vol on our synangogue's board. I guess that's something.
virginiamama71
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I use to volunteer alot and need to get back into it.

I like working with the elderly, animals and at our place of worship serving the needy in the community. 

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I am currently not working full time anymore, but even when I did, I volunteered.  When the kids were young, it was for their schools (generally "take home" or weekend kind of things).  As they got older, it was at high school sporting events, some tutoring, and fundraisers.  I continue to volunteer at my daughter's high school and also am very involved at our Catholic parish (actually the whole family helps there). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN