Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

what is your opinion on this(work situation)

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 2 Replies
I've mentioned before that I work with developmentally disabled adults. I do everything that incompasses their daily life, showering, feeding dressing, toileting, meds, apointments, transporting. Obviously, not all need all of this or to the same degree, but everyone has a specific amt of hpurs they receive care depending on their situation, some are even 24hr care.
We have quite a few homes that are shared by 2people with at least one of them needing 24hrcare.
Here is the situation. Sometimes we have to do "multi care", where a worker has to coridinate everything for 2 individuals BUT is only being paid for as if taking care of 1. So one of those individuals is getting their hrs but the company is only paying 1 worker. In one of the homes its not a big deal but in most its a challenge. Doing all of that X2. Not being able to get one persons stuff done because maybe the other does not want to leave the house, or one is having a freak out(actual situation) and needs full attention, well that upsets the other individual because they are not getting attention. OR(another situation) one individual wants to leave all the time for walks but is not allowed without staff, but the other individual sleeps all day and is the one who is 24hr care.

What is your opinion on "multi care"? Oh and this situation was not discussed in the interview or job discussion pre hire.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
virginiamama71
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Not sure, heres a bump. hope someone else can give some advice.

lnk8522
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I do home healthcare for the elderly,and occasionaly we get multicare asignments,but usually for couples. I have to bill an 8 hour day 4 hours to mr,4 hours to mrs,and it does suck. You're doing twice the work,and only getting paid once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN