Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
I am a store manager of an awesome salon i work 45 hours a week, close at least 2 nights a week not getting home until after 8:45pm, working every saturday from 10-6:30pm its getting to a point where somedays i go without seeing my kids all day till the next morning or i miss out on so much;( I am torn because I love my job but it seems not worth missing out on so much. I am thinking about opening my own shop where i will have a little more freedom to be with my family but its a little scary not having a set paycheck every week. I am looking for words of encouragement, opinions, or anyone that understands what im going through :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (11-14):
celticgodess
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I understand exactly!  I am a retail store manager who works 8-5 M/W, 9-9 T/F, and 7-4 Sat.  I have a 3 yo and a 5 month old and it is hard, but I love my job most of the time and I have excellent benefits including a generous time off/vacation policy

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
You need to weigh in the good and bad for both options. My ex works from home and often works over 60 hours a week
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bethatperson
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Working for yourself would be so much better for you in my opinion. Especially when the kids are younger, they grow up so fast. It is so hard to be away from them. Then they are grown.

Would you like to work from home? www.livinganne.com

stayathome510
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You can't "love"  your job...its a thing, you know?!  A way of life....can't compare that to the life with your children.  I know, I worked outside of the home most of my life, my older kids were in daycares, after school programs, etc...all the while I went to school and worked.  I was too busy to even realize what was going on.  I was happy, they were happy....or so I thought!  Once I had the opportunity to stay at home, I took it, it was a huge adjustment.  But, wow, what a difference in me, as a mom!ha  I enjoy cooking for the first time in my life.  I taught my 6 yr. old to read, and now my 5 yr. old.  I call them in for lunch!  Things I never did with my older kids.  You will never get these years back.  Two of my adult sons do not have working wives, they see the value in their wives at home and are willing to work so their children will have a mom at home.  My third adult son ...they just had their second child.  My daughterinlaw an RN, just quit her job so she could raise her own children, as she only worked weekends with first baby.  Its just not comparable....its my own humble opinion, after experiencing both worlds.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN