Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Today (2/4) is... a collection

Posted by   + Show Post

A new post for each "celebration" today.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (11-12):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I'm sorry. That's got to be hard to deal with :(

Quoting deccaf:

Unfortunately, there will be no remission.  This type of cancer doesn't really get "better".  They do the chemo to keep it at bay.  He has Multiple Myeloma, a form of bone cancer.  It is what the dad from "Everybody Loves Raymond" died from a few years ago. 

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I agree with you guys! My fil finished his 7 weeks of radiation for prostate cancer before Christmas and as far as I know he hasn't been back for a follow up check yet. I lost my maternal grandfather and my stepmom's dad to cancer. My grandpa had lung cancer (gotta love smoking) and my step-grandpa had prostate cancer that they caught in the last stages.

Decca I pray your fil gets through his chemo and it goes into remission for him.

Tracy I'm sorry for your SOs best friend and your great aunt.

Quoting deccaf:

Yes it is. My fil is currently undergoing his second round of chemo. It is horrible.

Quoting flutter523:

I wish this day didn't have to exist. I just watched SOs best friend bury his dad to Brest cancer two weeks ago and now my great aunt is suffering from breast, bone, & brain cancer. It's a crappy disease

Quoting deccaf:

World Cancer Day

Each year on 4 February, WHO supports International Union Against Cancer to promote ways to ease the global burden of cancer. Preventing cancer and raising quality of life for cancer patients are recurring themes.

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Wow!  So many "days".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)