Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Today (2/5) is...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

Here are a couple odd "celebrations" or "holidays" for today...

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Disaster Day

I don't know what we are supposed to do, make one?  remember one?  wait for one?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM

IHOP National Pancake Day

Go to IHOP, get a free short stack.  Make a donation to one of the many charities IHOP supports.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I like that one!

Quoting deccaf:

Go to IHOP, get a free short stack.  Make a donation to one of the many charities IHOP supports.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

National Weatherman's Day

National Weatherman's Day honors weathermen, and woman who work hard to accurately predict the often fickle weather. Despite major technological advances and supercomputers, forecasting the weather is still a tricky, and ever changing business.

Knowing the weather is important in so many ways. It affect how we dress, where we go, and even if we go. Space launches are made or delayed depending upon the weather. And, knowing the weather can save lives. The most obvious example is knowing when and where hurricanes or tornados may hit.

According to the Air Force News, Weatherman's Day "commemorates the birth of John Jeffries, one of America's first weathermen". Jeffries was born on Feb 5, 1744. He kept weather records from 1774 to1816.

If you see a weatherman today, give them your appreciation for a job well done.

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting deccaf:

I wish we had an IHOP around, I could go for a short stack that I don't have to make, lol.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I saw this on the news today. It's great that they do this.

Quoting deccaf:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Today was definitely a disaster at work

Quoting deccaf:

Disaster Day

I don't know what we are supposed to do, make one?  remember one?  wait for one?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I like the pancake one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I meant to write my dad, but he would have no clue why I was thanking him anyway :)

Quoting deccaf:

National Weatherman's Day

National Weatherman's Day honors weathermen, and woman who work hard to accurately predict the often fickle weather. Despite major technological advances and supercomputers, forecasting the weather is still a tricky, and ever changing business.

Knowing the weather is important in so many ways. It affect how we dress, where we go, and even if we go. Space launches are made or delayed depending upon the weather. And, knowing the weather can save lives. The most obvious example is knowing when and where hurricanes or tornados may hit.

According to the Air Force News, Weatherman's Day "commemorates the birth of John Jeffries, one of America's first weathermen". Jeffries was born on Feb 5, 1744. He kept weather records from 1774 to1816.

If you see a weatherman today, give them your appreciation for a job well done.

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I would hae gladly "celebrated" iHOP Day!  I love their French toast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)