Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I'm busy

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 8 Replies

Watching Caillou with Steph the other day, I kept hearing his mom and dad say they are too busy to play.  I felt so bad for a cartoon character.  No one could take a couple minutes to play with him.  I always make a point of not saying "I'm busy" to Steph.  If she wants to do something while I am in the middle of something I can't stop (cutting meat for dinner, etc) I will tell her we can do it as soon as I am done with xxxx. 

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I guilty of doing it. I try to make sure I do something with ds. It's tough because I do all the cooking, cleaning, and food shopping on top of working 3 jobs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I try hard not to say those words and let Logan know I'll play when I'm done but I've said it more than a few times. Gotta love when he tosses it right back at me...
christaberk
by Christa on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Guilty. But I always tell her that as soon as I am done, I am all hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I say in terms of the Llama Llama books. "Oh my, what a tizzy, sometime's mama is very busy." I don' t feel too bad saying becuse I know I give him undivided time. If he had to choose, he would get ALL of my time, which is another issue...

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I do not say that very often. My two are pretty good about playing together, so they do not ask a lot.

I get "mom can I play my DS? Or mom can I play the wii?" Way more than can u play with me *sigh* how they grow up so fast!

And I have to watch my YDS like a hawk anyway or who know the shenanigans he'll pull. He wishes he could play by himself!!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Guilty here.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Same here. I always explain what I am doing, and even try to find a way he can help. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Guilty. I'm definitely making a point to not do it as much. If I'm making dinner I'll usually let Jackson help me. He's also perfectly happy "washing" the dishes in the sink while I cook so I can easily distract him with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)