Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Its the little things :)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

At my old job, I had to park my car across the parking lot. When I started at this job, they warned me of parking problems. I have yet to walk further than I did at my last job every day. Its all perspective :)

At my old job, I was always torn about workouts because the only options I had were to workout outside or drive to the gym. My new job has a workout closet (literally closet) and the only treadmill it has is a little broken, but still works. People are complaining to HR about it. I'm just SO happy to have a place to get a quick lunch workout in on site. Its all perspective. :)

So, what are the little bonuses at your work that you might just take for granted if they weren't there?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2curly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Our cafeteria has free drinks and coffee all day

Nena70
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this

its the little things that matter most.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Does being left alone by your supervisor count? I've seen her twice this year lol. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

we get to taste booze once in a while

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, my entire job is one big benefit as I telecommute.  I am allowed amazing flexibility in my day which is something I definitely don't take for granted.

When I was in the office for a week in January, I noticed that they have a fully stocked refigerator (water, juices, sodas) that are free to anyone and everyone all day long.  Of course free coffee as well.  So, that was a nice perk I would appreciate if I worked in the office.

mickstinator
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I can walk up to my boss, tell her I need to leave immediately for a personal issue, and go. No questions asked.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

This.

Everyone here understands that we are each here for our families. So when someone needs to go, or wants a vacation day, everyone else says Go! We'll take care of work! See you when you get back!.....It's great!

Quoting mickstinator:

I can walk up to my boss, tell her I need to leave immediately for a personal issue, and go. No questions asked.

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
It ends everyday at 3 (trying really hard to be positive lol)
And free breakfast/lunch if you choose. (It's pretty crappy and really processed)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this

My full-time job is really flexible which is nice.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
This for me too. I love my job.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

This.

Everyone here understands that we are each here for our families. So when someone needs to go, or wants a vacation day, everyone else says Go! We'll take care of work! See you when you get back!.....It's great!

Quoting mickstinator:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)