Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How many jobs do you have?

Posted by   + Show Post

In this economy the more traits you have the better, but how many is too much? How do you balance home and work with multiple jobs?

I was working way too much in order to support my family. I did house painting gigs, baked birthday and wedding cakes, did daycare, cleaned houses, managed home rentals for other home owners, cleaned my kids school, did drywall and other maintenance work, sold Norwex (which is an amazing product, but it just wasn't fun for me), and anything else that came up. I over scheduled myself and spread myself too thin. My husband was getting upset we had no routine anymore (clearly it was really because he had to do more around the house), my kids even started getting out of control.

I finally realized it wasn't worth it anymore. I cut out the daycare first. OK to be honest the lady was two months past due on paying me because I'm a push over. That one was easy. But I couldn't say no to any extra income. A friend knew I was stressed out and invited me to a Spa Night at her house. It was amazing! 6 stressed out women all sitting on couches getting real spa treatments. I was in Heaven. Yep, You guessed it I was suckered into signing up for that extra income too. And yes, my husband wanted to kill me. But you know what? It's been great! I have cut out all jobs except doing Cakes and this mobile spa business, and I'm making more money and spending more time at home. I get to have fun and look and feel great too.

So what is it that you do? How much is too much? How do you balance?

EDIT: I've recieved multiple messages asking what spa company I signed up to do. The company is called BeautiControl, it's been around for 31 years years and was just named one of America's top company's. I'll keep answering questions through messages, but if you want to check out the company here's my page, www.beautipage.com/carriegentry Thank you too for the supportive messages =)

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (31-39):
ChunkyMonkey25
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1. No way I could do more than that. My schedule is to all over the place and unpredictable. I don't even know why I bother making one some days
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I'm a teacher, so I am pretty much off when my kids are off. I don't teach in the same district in which they attend school, so our schedules don't line up exactly, but pretty close.

NeOnPrInCeSs3
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I have 1 job

Bonneata
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I work as a part time model when ever I can get booked. Other than that I am sahm. I am attempting to work on helping my hubby start a business and then I want to start my own.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I have one job.

Twisties34
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I have 2 part-time jobs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I work one job, but it is an important high stress job that can often take a lot of my time.  Thankfully, I have weeks were it is not quite as demanding, but often times I will work 60 to 80 hours a week.  My prior job was the same only I worked for salary so it sucked big time, now I'm working for a company that pays me by the hour so the overtime checks are really nice when they come in.  I am also lucky in a sense that I can work either from the office or from home.  I can pretty much do my job from anywhere, so if my kids are sick I can stay home with them.  Now my kids are all teens so they don't need as much care as younger ones, but I make sure and make it to all their school functions and sporting events that I possibly can (which is generally all of them).  The other thing we do as a family is make sure everyone has dinner together every night.  This is our family time together.

lowencope
by Lucy on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM
One 40 hour a week job. And my job at home taking care of my kids and family but I don't get paid for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kflemino22
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I have one job selling books for Usborne Books & More.  I love what I do and love that it works around my schedule.  Right now I am making around $400-$700/month, but am fast approaching a pay raise, which is going to be great.  I stay home with my kids and love that (as if that isn't a job enough...lol). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)