Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

7, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 250!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 23 Replies

Last Night:

• 7 shirts (13 yo)
  • 4 pants (13 yo)
  • 3 packages of socks (1 per kid)
  • 2 shirts (9 yo)
  • 2 pants (9 yo)
  • 2 shirts (6 yo)
  • 2 pants (6 yo)
  • 2 packages of underwear (6 & 9)
  • $250

Ugh.  Why do the kids need to keep GROWING?!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Lol I miss the days when I could pick out DD's clothes and she would just wear them without question. Now at 13 she insists on picking out her own clothes.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

If you stop feeding them, they stop growing.  But then you have a whole new set of problems!  We had to buy a whole lot of new pants for DD since she is potty training.  Preschool is going through many a day.  We go through about 2 accidents on weekends.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Well, I guess I can be grateful that those days are far behind me, LOL.  :)

Quoting deccaf:

If you stop feeding them, they stop growing.  But then you have a whole new set of problems!  We had to buy a whole lot of new pants for DD since she is potty training.  Preschool is going through many a day.  We go through about 2 accidents on weekends.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Luckily I'm still at the consignment andgarage sale age. I dont pay more than $1 per clothing item right now. Not looking forward to when he cares!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Wow.  I've never been at that stage.  I've attempted thrift stores and find lots of girl stuff, but very limited boy stuff (just like in regular stores - grrr) and what I do find is either awful or the wrong sizes.

We don't have access to consignment stores (we live in a rather rural area).  I suppose I could try garage sales this summer...

Quoting Nighttiger:

Luckily I'm still at the consignment andgarage sale age. I dont pay more than $1 per clothing item right now. Not looking forward to when he cares!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Clothes are so expensive!!! Then when you get to add football cleats, basketball shoes, track shoes, track spikes, baseball cleats, basketball socks, track socks, baseball pants.....WOW! Hold on to your checkbook! And that's just the boys.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yup!  So true!!

We spent a FORTUNE on my oldest son for all of his baseball gear - and then he quit after his first season.  ARG.  He's now a cross-country runner and track, so it's only the shoes we need to worry about as the school provides the uniforms, etc.  Whew!

My middle son plans on joining baseball this Spring and Football in the fall, so that will be a lot of money.

Youngest does soccer, but at his age he doesn't need anything special - they just run around in circles, LOL.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Clothes are so expensive!!! Then when you get to add football cleats, basketball shoes, track shoes, track spikes, baseball cleats, basketball socks, track socks, baseball pants.....WOW! Hold on to your checkbook! And that's just the boys.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
We live in a big city burb so garage sales are easy to find and toddler clothes are common. I use cl and search under the garage sale section for what I'm looking for. Most of the time I pay less than 50 cents per item. I bought tubs of toddler clothes last summer for ds for sizes 4 to 6 for $15 per tub including the tub. Hes set for the next 3 years and my total for all was $60!

Quoting the3Rs:

Wow.  I've never been at that stage.  I've attempted thrift stores and find lots of girl stuff, but very limited boy stuff (just like in regular stores - grrr) and what I do find is either awful or the wrong sizes.

We don't have access to consignment stores (we live in a rather rural area).  I suppose I could try garage sales this summer...

Quoting Nighttiger:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Saphira1207
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Huh

I spend that much just buying clothes for my 14 yo at the low end dept stores!  But then again he's in mens sizes so .... *shrug*

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Yeah, my 13 year old also buys from men's dept.  This was Target - and a lot of clearance racks.  Believe me - at the beginning of school I spent at least double that amount on everyone.

Quoting Saphira1207:

Huh

I spend that much just buying clothes for my 14 yo at the low end dept stores!  But then again he's in mens sizes so .... *shrug*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN