Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paying for a wedding

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 25 Replies

For those who are married, or were married, who paid for it (yourselves, your family, his family)? If your not married, would your family help pay for a wedding? 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awhunt897
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

We paid for it ourselves, and intend on paying for our renewal ourselves as well.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM
My mom pd for most of it, only because she wanted a bigger event than we did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Group Admin on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I was 23 & my parents paid for the wedding. He was 27 & his parents paid for the dress rehearsal dinner. We paid for our honeymoon.
gumbeme06
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM
My dad did . His parents paid for the rehearsal dinner. We kept it very frugal though and didn't have a huge elaborate thing
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

we basically got married at the courthouse so we paid for it ourselves. I imagine if I ever got married again I'd pay got it myself as well

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My parents paid for the cake/did the reception, we paid the wedding costs like flowers, invites, dresses, tuxes(his-his friends paid to rent their own, we got a good deal), etc, and his mom did the rehearsal dinner.  We saved a lot by using fake flowers, making my dress and the bridesmaid dresses, and getting a package deal on the tuxes and invites.

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
We're not married but when we do I imagine wed pay for the whole thing. I'm sure our parents would offer some help but I'm not sure how much. I would plan it like I was paying for it all. It's actually part of the reason were not married--we can't afford the wedding we want
MsRkg
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM
It turned into a pissing contest between my parents and his parents. We couldn't get a cent in anywhere to pay for a thing and they kept trying to outdo each other. The end result was this over the top formal wedding that I absolutely hated.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
My parents and his grandparents helped pay for our wedding.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
My mother was like that, only all by herself lol. So that's why she paid for everything. We were going to go to the courthouse.

Quoting MsRkg:

It turned into a pissing contest between my parents and his parents. We couldn't get a cent in anywhere to pay for a thing and they kept trying to outdo each other. The end result was this over the top formal wedding that I absolutely hated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)