Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Kicked him out

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
Of our bed, that is. DH's snoring just keeps getting worse & worse & it's driving me CRAZY. Sometimes I go sleep on the couch, but last night I made him go.

He's tried nasal spray prescribed by his doc, throat spray, breathe right nose strips, sleeping only on his side (he can't sleep on his stomach). Short of some kind of surgery he might not even need, any thoughts? He was considering a mouth guard, but what we found looked like some kind of ancient torture device & he probably couldn't fall asleep with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessimicuh
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Bump.
my boyfriend snores and i elbow him he stops long enough for me to fall asleep. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I constantly elbow, push, and yell at him to roll over & stop snoring. Does no good. He sleeps like the dead.

Quoting jessimicuh:

Bump.

my boyfriend snores and i elbow him he stops long enough for me to fall asleep. lol.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Does he have sleep apnea?  My dad used to snore loud enough we could hear him all over the house, turns out he has sleep apnea and has to use a cpap machine at night.  My DH snores a lot, does not have apnea that we know of; we use a humidifier and he doesn't snore :)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I forgot we did try a humidifier - no success.

He's been to the doc & he never mentioned sleep apnea - I suppose we can ask though.

Quoting preacherskid:

Does he have sleep apnea?  My dad used to snore loud enough we could hear him all over the house, turns out he has sleep apnea and has to use a cpap machine at night.  My DH snores a lot, does not have apnea that we know of; we use a humidifier and he doesn't snore :)

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting the3Rs:

He's been to the doc & he never mentioned sleep apnea - I suppose we can ask though.

Quoting preacherskid:

They have to do a sleep study to diagnose- there is a specific pattern to apnea snoring where after a few snores, the snorer will stop breathing/hold his breath for a bit, then cough/sputter/choke and start snoring again.  The pattern repeats itself all night long, and conventional methods do not work on apnea snorers- breathe right strips can make it worse.

CafeMom Tickers
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Hmmm...his snoring is pretty consistent...no "spurts", "sputters", etc.

Quoting preacherskid:

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting preacherskid:

They have to do a sleep study to diagnose- there is a specific pattern to apnea snoring where after a few snores, the snorer will stop breathing/hold his breath for a bit, then cough/sputter/choke and start snoring again.  The pattern repeats itself all night long, and conventional methods do not work on apnea snorers- breathe right strips can make it worse.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Agreed with the above poster, he's not going to like it, but he needs a formal polysomnography test , sleep study.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My sister got a cpap machine and it was a life saver for her family.
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Time to get tested for sleep apnea! 

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM
How are his tonsils? They affect sleep and snoring a lot. Other than that I say a sleep study is your best bet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN