Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna bartend...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

I work full time already, but I've always wanted to bartend. DH wants me to stop working period but I love having my own money and doing what i want with it. It'd be a nice experience i think... any of you ladies bartend??? what's process??

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I don't and never have but I know there are classes you can take to learn drinks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I haven't but I have friends that do. You can take classes for it.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Nope. I don't think I could do it
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I know there are classes for it, and I think it can be pretty good money.

Steph925
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I'm a bartender. The classes will help alot. I have not taken them yet but if you never bartender before I would highly suggest taking them so its easier to find a job. I love doing it! I work at Olive Garden so I know it's alot different then in an actual bar but I still make alot of drinks.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I never have, but my ex-BIL did and he kind of sucked at it, not making much in tips.

conejoazul
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I bartended for spending money through college. Where you end up working has a lot to do with whether it is a fun job or not. I donĀ“t miss the hours or the smoke at all. Not sure what kind of money you are looking for, there is a lot of variety in what people make bartending.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I know there's classes that are offered. The money would depend on where you work.
MrsJackson321
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

i'm not looking for mad money, i have a full time job, i work ten hours a day, my fiance is away and i'm looking for a fun productive way to spend my evenings/weekends. and it's something i always wanted to do. i saw a class but its about 300 for the training and certificate. does that sound like the right price??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)