Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gross

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 12 Replies
I adore popcorn. Typically I eat a bag, and or a part of a bag, and at school every day during my planning period. I haven't had any at school in a long time, and and I havebbeen missing it.

I went to the store and grabbed a box. I waited until planning this morning to pop it, a great feat indeed.

Opened the bag, and grabbed a handful. Ate it, but expecting a salty explosion in mymouth. I awas already planning on getting a bottle of hot sauce for it.

What I tasted, and however, I was sweet. I was like Wtf? I looked more closely. I grabbed kettle corn instead. Not even the good kind, and but the kind with an artificial sweetener in it, though which I am allergic to...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

That sucks! I can't stand kettle corn. I hope the reaction you had wasn't too bad.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM

oh no!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM

That sucks!  I am not a big popcorn fan, unless it is popped on the stove.  And sweet just really doesn't go well with popcorn.

jhslove
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I love kettle corn, but I don't eat microwaved popcorn anymore. I used to eat a TON of it--like you, I'd keep it in the drawer in my classroom and eat it during planning, or even for lunch--but then I learned about all the chemicals that are in the lining of the bag. Scary.

Now I make it on the stovetop--it's easy and actually tastes a lot better, and you can season it however you want. If you like to eat popcorn at school, you could make a big batch every couple of days and put it in individual containers.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Oh no!! What a great way to start the week, huh? :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annasmom1234
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I hate kettle corn!  It is wAAAAAY too sweet!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Awww, that is upsetting, it's like accidentally popping a bunch of skittles in your mouth, but you thought they were m&m's. haha!
flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I had popcorn today too, but I also don't like kettle corn
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM
I hate looking forward to eating something only to realize it's not what I thought
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:00 AM
That would be the worst.....

Quoting Marti123:

Awww, that is upsetting, it's like accidentally popping a bunch of skittles in your mouth, but you thought they were m&m's. haha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)