Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

Last night, after having slept for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, Steph woke up.  She wanted milk, okay, take her to the kitchen, where she proceeds to puke on me.  Ew, gross, but okay, none on the floor or anywhere else.   I'm washable, right?  So I get her some juice (1/4 juice, 3/4 water), and she pukes on me again before even taking a sip.  Okay, same shirt, still not horrible, except the SMELL(!).  Take her to the bathroom to wash her face, get us out of pukey shirts, etc.  PUKES AGAIN!  So we are both shirtless, DH comes in and says "what's going on?"  I tell him, he takes her so I can get a new shirt, I get one for her, too.  Steph is sitting with daddy, suddenly says "I want MOMMMMMMEEEE!"  So I take her, and yep, puked on again!  I just put on a robe, got a blanket to cover her, since I was a little grossed out by pulling a pukey shirt over her head a third time, and we cuddled.  We got her to take the anti-vomit meds, and some tylenol for the fever she had, and no more puke. 

She slept in our bed last night, but insisted on her Caillou doll being in there, too.  And woke up trying to get her goldfishies out of someone else's hand a couple times through the night. 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Awww poor Steph! I hope she feels better. Nothing worse than when they throw up, especially when you're in the line of fire.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

She was so upset that it got on me.  I kept telling her it was okay.  I am amazed that my shirt caught every bit of it.  None on the floor, none on the chairs, none anywhere but on her and on me.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Awww poor Steph! I hope she feels better. Nothing worse than when they throw up, especially when you're in the line of fire.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Aww poor girl. I'm not one that handles puke well. I would possibly have made more of a mess with my own. Haha. Props to you. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Better me than DH.  He forgets he is washable, and would rather she puke on the floor.  Okay something else to clean?  At least I can just throw the shirt in the laundry and take a shower!  And there was one point the smell made me gag a little. 

Quoting rissarin:

Aww poor girl. I'm not one that handles puke well. I would possibly have made more of a mess with my own. Haha. Props to you. ;)

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Poor girl! Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Ugh, Poor thing. I hate the amount of laundry stomach viruses generate, amazing!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

This is after the flu earlier last month and a bump on the head last week.

Poor kid's 2013 is off to a rough start!

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Poor girl! Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yes, but I would rather wash all the clothes in the house than have to mop vomit off the floor.

Quoting Marti123:

Ugh, Poor thing. I hate the amount of laundry stomach viruses generate, amazing!!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

oh man, I'd be pukin too ~ I'm such a sympathy puker lol

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I'm really not.  I guess that means between me and DH, I get the pukey kid. 

Quoting leahbeah143:

oh man, I'd be pukin too ~ I'm such a sympathy puker lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)