Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

A man's logic

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 17 Replies
My DH has Sunday & Monday off each week. Our son needed to go to the doctor this afternoon so I assumed he would take him since it's his day off and I'm working.

Silly me. He was upset because it's his day off and he should get to do what he wants & relax. So...I ended up taking the afternoon off to take him in. I don't get docked any pay so it's not a big deal, but SHEESH.

I reminded DH that on MY days off I have all 3 kids all by myself on Sat., & all 3 kids PLUS DH on Sun...so where's my "me" time??

Grrrr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, moms don't get days off, but if daddy has a day off, better not ask him to do anything!  They need to relax!  Psh.  DH has tried to get away with the same thing.  HE is the one home with Princess Puke today.

momofthree929
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I know how you feel, just glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, no, no, no, no.  No way, Jose.  That would piss me off.

My husband was so used to being this single guy, no kids and summers off (he is a teacher) to do whatever he wanted.  When we had our twins, he still wanted that and was upset that he had to watch kids.....well, i'm not forking over the same amount for daycare just so he can sleep all day and go fishing.

Sorry....that's what happens when you have kids.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Well now I feel bad. :(. After our 'tiff' we got home, and DH put our 26" flat screen in our bathroom, drew me a bubble bath & poured me a glass of champagne for my "me" time.

So, bath, bubbles, bubbly & Revenge on Hulu.

He's forgiven :)
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Me too. My husband and I are actually working through this issue now, he's getting better thankfully

Quoting momofthree929:

I know how you feel, just glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Mom23Littles
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Well good for him for doing that for you and drawing you a bath!  :-)

I don't get guys thinking either - it almost makes me want to laugh it's so irritating.  Similar logic in our house this weekend - we're running late to meet my parents.  We only have one of our three at home which I have just gotten done bathing and am getting ready for the day when hubs walks in, gets ready (mind you I'm still not able to get ready myself) while I'm chasing down our daughter to comb her hair etc... and he ends up leaving the room while I'm still wrangling on her shoes, socks etc... to go down and watch TV.  I'm all - um, hello, want to give me a hand so that maybe I can get dressed before we leave the house?  Let alone shower or anything else I needed to do.  ha ha  (don't know if this made any sense typed out!)

They just don't get it... there time is 'there' time.  I just shake my head.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Oh man. Perfect example of men's logic right there! Hope you got your shower!

Quoting Mom23Littles:

I don't get guys thinking either - it almost makes me want to laugh it's so irritating.  Similar logic in our house this weekend - we're running late to meet my parents.  We only have one of our three at home which I have just gotten done bathing and am getting ready for the day when hubs walks in, gets ready (mind you I'm still not able to get ready myself) while I'm chasing down our daughter to comb her hair etc... and he ends up leaving the room while I'm still wrangling on her shoes, socks etc... to go down and watch TV.  I'm all - um, hello, want to give me a hand so that maybe I can get dressed before we leave the house?  Let alone shower or anything else I needed to do.  ha ha  (don't know if this made any sense typed out!)

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM

pfffft!  Don't feel bad.  Think about it that he has learned a lesson.

Quoting the3Rs:

Well now I feel bad. :(. After our 'tiff' we got home, and DH put our 26" flat screen in our bathroom, drew me a bubble bath & poured me a glass of champagne for my "me" time.

Mom23Littles
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Yea it all worked out - but just makes me shake my head.  ha ha

And man I feel like I need to correct my bad grammar typing there instead of their - talk about typing TOO fast! ;-)

Quoting the3Rs:

Oh man. Perfect example of men's logic right there! Hope you got your shower!

Quoting Mom23Littles:

christaberk
by Christa on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM
How sweet!

Quoting the3Rs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)