Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Valentine's Exhaustion

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

Anybody else exhausted by all the valentines cards? Among my 4 gradechool age girls, we had about 150 valentines to write out. (My kindergarteners have a half day public school program, as well as a wrap program so that is over 100 valentines for them to "write" out !) My 4th grader is making "homemade" cards on the computer so that is a lot of printer ink. My second grader is all into giving her classmates candy and valentine cards.

Anyone else over-valentined this year?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Not too bad. About 40 combined between my 2 younger boys. My oldest no longer has to do them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

My 5 year old refused to work on his tonight. That means writing all 16-20 out tomorrow. That should be fun. Or not.

He did send Valentines to far away family though, so he's done a few.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Luckily we're homeschooling so this isn't a problem
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

About 20.  I never really bought into Valentine's that much, so the idea of my two and four year old having parties is over-Valentining enough lol.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM
My pre-ker was supposed to "write" all his out too. Ummm, so I guess here I go as "that" parent, but no I am not making him address 24 cards.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My first grader has 18 in his class, but he wanted to give to the principal, the secretary, the nurse, etc. And of course, something special for the teacher. He signed his name on them all but did not address to specific people. 

My skids are all in jr high and high school so they don't really get into the valentine thing anymore.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Luckily, DD only had to make 14, plus one for her. 

annasmom1234
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM

No--thank goodness we are past all that because dd is in 8th grade and too old for that.  I just buy cards for dh, dd, both sets of grandparents, and my favorite aunt (went early to Dollar General this year and found some really good ones for a reasonable price).

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My kids are older, but I actually miss those years ... and all the smiles that went with the cards.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Daycare has made no mention of required cards, so zero for our kid this year :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN