Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Happy Ash Wednesday-Beginning of Lent

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you celebrate the Lenten season? Do you give up anything for Lent? Do you get ashes put on your forehead?

bible study

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I do! I hope to get ashes later on, but my son is sick and I am getting sick so I hope we feel better enough to go. I'm not really sure what to give for lent. My husband is giving up beer ( good boy) I don't really drink so it wouldn't make sense to give up say wine. My oldest son is five and I don't expect him or my younger kids to give up anything, but he wants to give up candy! I'm a proud momma. But I'm not sure what I should give up!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am not Catholic, so I don't celebrate it, but I am interested in learning more about it.

wifeynmommie80
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

ugh I am sad, no ashes, I am working all day and can't get to mass even for lunch. Luckily my DS goes to Catholic school so he will get his this afternoon. This year I am gonna give up my naps , only because i have napped every day even for 30+ minutes since my son was born, I am always so tired, just exhausted so I wanna do something during that time thats more productive.

annasmom1234
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

No to all.  I am a Baptist, so we don't celebrate the Lenten season.  Could you explain to me what denomenations celebrate Lent and the purpose for it besides giving stuff up?

MansfieldMama
by Angela on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Yes.  My husband took our youngest son to mass this morning, and I'm hoping to make it to church tonight.  Most years I go in the morning before school, but this year I have an early class and couldn't go.

We're all giving up eating out - no fast food or sit down restaurants.  We won't even drive through for a drink.  We're also going to read through our Lenten prayer book each evening as a family and discuss it.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM

No, we are non-denominational, so we don't celebrate Lent. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM
This

Quoting deccaf:

I am not Catholic, so I don't celebrate it, but I am interested in learning more about it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)