Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

well crud

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

I know I should be happy but...

DH and I used to NEVER get each other anything for Valentine's Day - it just wasn't our thing.

Then last year he ended up getting me some gifts - and I had gotten him nothing.  Felt like a schmuck and I *thought* we had agreed no gifts this year.

But, he just mentioned in a text that he needs to stop by the store to pick up a few more things for tomorrow - I asked if he bought me stuff and he said "a few things".

GRRRR.  I have NOTHING for him, and no time to go get him anything.

Suggestions?  I know many folks say coupons - like for 'private time', etc., but I'm not wanting to go that route.  Any ideas?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Do a goodie basket.  Go to the store and get a masculine basket, bucket, toolbox, whatever suits him.  Good for reusing as storage if he wants.  Fill it with his favorite candies, maybe a sappy movie he wouldn't mind, and some other things he enjoys (got a Victoria's Secret around you? Put some lingerie for you in the basket, and he will likely want to see it on and OFF of you!)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

A great idea - now to find time to get to the store :(  I could go late tonight after kids are in bed.

I was thinking I could maybe get up SUPER early (he gets up at 3:00am and leaves at 4:00am for work) and make him a VERY early breakfast...?  Or is that totally stupid?

Quoting deccaf:

Do a goodie basket.  Go to the store and get a masculine basket, bucket, toolbox, whatever suits him.  Good for reusing as storage if he wants.  Fill it with his favorite candies, maybe a sappy movie he wouldn't mind, and some other things he enjoys (got a Victoria's Secret around you? Put some lingerie for you in the basket, and he will likely want to see it on and OFF of you!)

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I am making a goody for tomorrow morning- found the recipe on CafeMom.  Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescents.  Sounds yummy.  I know some places you can shop online and have your order waiting when you go in.  All you have to do is pick it up and pay. 

Quoting the3Rs:

A great idea - now to find time to get to the store :(  I could go late tonight after kids are in bed.

I was thinking I could maybe get up SUPER early (he gets up at 3:00am and leaves at 4:00am for work) and make him a VERY early breakfast...?  Or is that totally stupid?

Quoting deccaf:

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
There are a ton of snack baskets you can order online. Prepaid movie tickets for a night out this weekend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

But would they arrive in time?  :(

Quoting Nighttiger:

There are a ton of snack baskets you can order online. Prepaid movie tickets for a night out this weekend.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM

OVernight shipping?

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting Nighttiger:

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
If you pay for 1 day shippimg. Its only noon here. Most sites you can order up to 3pm for overnight shipping

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting Nighttiger:

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I just scanned amazon and you have anywherebetween 43 minutes and 3 hours to order to get it tommorrow

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting Nighttiger:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

If there's a florist around you, they may have some manly things put together already - or you could do a balloon and candy bouquet, something like that?? Have them deliver it, if that would work with his job?

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Probably corny, but I picked up Sky Fall Blue Ray and some of his favorite candies to make a small gift bag for DH. We aren't that big into Valentines. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)