Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Too soon??

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

We have had basically no winter here this year and now all my bulbs are coming up! I know the Crocus usually come up early, but the Hyacinths are coming up too and quickly lol I'm going to be so upset if it snows and they die I planted like 40 of them lol

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Oh no!  Hope they survive and you don't get a surprise winter storm!

We've had a good winter so far - last year was horrible...no snow at all...and we had similar problems.

kflemino22
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:44 PM

You can always cover them with plastic or something else so that they don't get frost on them.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I have my garden in the ground and peas and tomatoes are already coming up.  But we have no winter in San Diego, so that helps.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM

If you do get a forecast of surprise cold snap, take a white sheet or cloth and drape it over the more tender plants- it can hold in some warmth and protect them from moderate snow or frost.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I hope they make it through the winter

allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I live in Wisconsin and that's happened here (in past years) to both the crocus and the tulips.  Both were quite hardy and survived.

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
My daffodils are coming up and almost ready to bloom. I'm in western NY so more snow is coming for sure. Poor flowers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Hopefully you just end up with a nice bloom. We've had a fairly mild winter too. DH just went out today to water the trees we planted in the fall so they won't die. We are about to head into our snowiest month though so we shall see. Oh yea, and everything is still VERY brown here :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN