Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I need to be more interesting...:(

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
I work, I care for my family & that's it. I don't travel anywhere interesting, I have no hobbies, etc. just....boring.

I know I shouldn't care about what others do, but EVERYONE on my team at work has gone on an exotic vacation (Hawaii, Iceland, summer in France, etc.) in the past year, others are avid mountain bikers or skiiers, others have horses and go riding all the time, still others have huge boats & go deep sea fishing.

I feel like a loser, but can't really afford most (all) things like that & I have no hobby-like interests. :(

I'm boring.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I'm boring too. I don't have any hobbies either. I read sometimes or play video games once in a great while. I would like to take up crocheting or knitting just for something to do. But we don't go anywhere. We live in a small town and you have to drive an hour to go to the mall or nice restaruants, we don't do that either.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
We live in a small town too. Basic shopping is 1/2 hour away - anything fun is 1+ hours away.

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

I'm boring too. I don't have any hobbies either. I read sometimes or play video games once in a great while. I would like to take up crocheting or knitting just for something to do. But we don't go anywhere. We live in a small town and you have to drive an hour to go to the mall or nice restaruants, we don't do that either.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Volunteer!  I volunteer as a softball coach and several other activities and I don't feel boring at all doing it because I absolutley love it.  If others think it is boring....they can suck it!

Honeygirl
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I recommend a dance class.  Salsa is good. Great workout and the music is awesome.

Pole dancing is good too. Does your town offer pole dancing classes? I live in San Francisco and there are plenty studios that offer classes. Great conversation starter, and a way to meet other gals - also you leave the class feeling sexier........ :) Living social and Groupon have deals all the time and for cheap too.  

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I am boring too. Sometimes I think that is because our kids are at an age that isn't conducive to big vacations and the budget is tight. Most of the time, I like being boring. Gives me quality time with my kids and th rest I need. Crazy schedules will come soon enough. But I get it. I wish I was passionate about something...a hobby, volunteer work....but I haven't found it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
We are in a small town too. 30 miles to Walmart, movies, etc. Any decent shopping os about 80 miles.
We are so busy chasing the kids around to their activities that we don't really have time to be boring. But we're boring anyway.

Quoting the3Rs:

We live in a small town too. Basic shopping is 1/2 hour away - anything fun is 1+ hours away.

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM
While that sounds interesting (salsa, probably not pole dancing, LOL) I would have to drive at LEAST 2 1/2 hours one way in good traffic & weather to find anything.

Quoting Honeygirl:

I recommend a dance class.  Salsa is good. Great workout and the music is awesome.

Pole dancing is good too. Does your town offer pole dancing classes? I live in San Francisco and there are plenty studios that offer classes. Great conversation starter, and a way to meet other gals - also you leave the class feeling sexier........ :) Living social and Groupon have deals all the time and for cheap too.  

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Yeah. Our kids have sports, scouts, etc. it's not that I am idle...I just have nothing exciting anymore, you know?

Quoting adamsmom0116:

We are in a small town too. 30 miles to Walmart, movies, etc. Any decent shopping os about 80 miles.

We are so busy chasing the kids around to their activities that we don't really have time to be boring. But we're boring anyway.

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, I totally know what you mean! sometimes it sucks.

Quoting the3Rs:

Yeah. Our kids have sports, scouts, etc. it's not that I am idle...I just have nothing exciting anymore, you know?

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Same here...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN