Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
Working parents
I have an Au pair and we are currently hosting our 9th one! It is flexible and affordable compared to daycare and nannies! I pay about $340 a week for 45 hours. It's live in and they become like family ! It's one of the most amazing things I've done and all of my Au pairs cook a family dinner and get kids homework done. If my kids are sick at school and I cannot leave work she picks them up! I never have to worry about school vacation days either!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-17):
allyn9
by Carey on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM

My kids are beyond the age of needing someone to watch over them.

HostMom2001
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
So are my older two but my Au pair gives them rides to sports/ after school activities, cooks dinner for our family, grocery shops, helps with homework, cleans kids rooms and bathrooms and even volunteers at school!
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Aupairs are great, but you don't have to hire a foreign one, but of course there is a certain structure to working with the ones that come through the state dept program and if course they bring an international flavor to your household. But there are many young women or men right here in the US that can be hired in a similar arrangement.
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I have two kids in a center and its $290/week. When we have number three we hope to have a big enough house to get one.

My husband is used to jealous significant others so e thinks its hysterical that I desperately want a young foreign girl to come live with us hahaha
HostMom2001
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

If you or anyone is considering an au pair contact me directly for help. I can be reached at 410-570-8910.

I can let you know the current discounts and upcoming promotions. I would love to chat with you about our program to see if its a viable option for your family. The great thing is you can see the au pair via skype and videos to see if you like her!

Trish Usher

HostMom2001
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM

au Pairs can do play dates and take your only child to area story times during the day. If your child is sick you can still go to work. You cannot take her to daycare. Plus dinner can be done by the time your home!

Contact me directly for more info - 410-570-8910 Trish Usher

HostMom2001
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yes but hiring a local Nanny depending on what state you live in you have to give them a W2 and also now pay Workers compensation insurance. Not to mention the many local college students we hired quit because homework was too much and to work 30-45  hours of what I needed. There is no committment with hiring local and its much more than $340 a week more like $500-$600 for a local nanny or $15-$20 an hour where we live. Au Pairs are much less and dinner and thier laundry  is done when I get home from work . Feel free to give me a call 410-570-8910 cell Trish Usher

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)