Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Thanks for making this whole situaion awkward (PIOG)

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, I was just talking to someone at my job, and he asked me what was the most awkward paperwork I've ever received. I said it's a toss up I get a lot.. but the two that stand out the most.. is when I had to call and ask what the business purpose of two  purchases were. The purchases being:

1. Condoms (I swear we're not prostitutes, LOL)

2. Penis shaped pasta.

Can you imagine that phone call? "Um, I need to know the business purpose of the condoms and penis shaped pasta...???"

I always want to end the call with Thanks for not sending the paperwork with an explanation, thus forcing me to ask. Thanks for making this whole situation at work AWKWARD!

LOL

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea, wow, luckily, I have never had to utter either of those two questions.

My most awkward which I will only share since it was over a decade ago now, and no one would know who or where I practiced--- -"why are you worried about mercury exposure in your vagina?" .......... "Oh, I see, maybe a meat thermometer is not the best tool for that...... "

I almost fell of my little stool. And she was such a nice lady, I think that made it worse and more awkward.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM

sidesplittinglaughterWTH? LMFAO!

Quoting Marti123:

My most awkward which I will only share since it was over a decade ago now, and no one would know who or where I practiced--- -"why are you worried about mercury exposure in your vagina?" .......... "Oh, I see, maybe a meat thermometer is not the best tool for that...... "

I almost fell of my little stool. And she was such a nice lady, I think that made it worse and more awkward.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I can only hope it was a company sponsored( Though inappropriate) bridal shower!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Oh dear!   I don't thing I could keep a straight face.

Quoting Marti123:

mickstinator
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting deccaf:

I can only hope it was a company sponsored( Though inappropriate) bridal shower!

I was thinking the same thing. What in the world?!

mickstinator
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM

The most rewarding phone calls are when I have to call customers who appear to be students instead of teachers. We sell teaching guides and have a policy against selling to students for obvious reasons. I have had a few students pretend to be teachers. It's always hilarious to catch them in the act. Muawahaha!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Lmao those are hilarious

Quoting Marti123:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's funny. I would have been embarrassed if you called me.
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:03 PM
It wasn't. But it turns out it was legit... Lol

Quoting deccaf:

LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Funny. The person I was talking to was complaining about that too. Lol

Quoting mickstinator:

The most rewarding phone calls are when I have to call customers who appear to be students instead of teachers. We sell teaching guides and have a policy against selling to students for obvious reasons. I have had a few students pretend to be teachers. It's always hilarious to catch them in the act. Muawahaha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)