Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working again

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

I haven't worked in over 18 months (since I was first pregnant).  DDwill be a year in 2 weeks and I'm going to be looking for work again.  Only I have no idea what I am looking for.  The only jobs I have had have been babysitter and house cleaner and they were under the table jobs.  I worked the first 2 months of DD's life but that was babysitting a friend's DD at my home.  I had to stop babysitting for my friend because I was only getting $20 a week and the little 2.5 year old girl was being potty trianed and her mom never send food over for her to eat.  And I had her for 10-12 hours about4-6 times a week, so I asked for more money and my friend said she couldn't do it, so I told her she would have to find another sitter.  Now I want to work again to help DH with money since he lost his job that he got paid $10/hr for a 40 hour week.  Now he has another job but he get $10/hr and only works 3 hrs a day, gets paid every two weeks.  Lucky, we live with his parents right now, but we were saving up too move.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Try babysitting, retail, daycares

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Waitressing or retail
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Good luck! Do you have skills on a computer? You could take some classes with office programs and then look for jobs as a receptionist or admin assistant. I would get your information out to as many temp agencies as possible. Before college, when I would look for work, I would be signed up with about 10 different temp agencies. Some are just 2 day jobs like cleaning out files or covering for reception while they are gone. I was able to experience some interesting companies that way. Others were more permanent and I ended up going full time for 2 of them. One as an executive assistant for 2 1/2 years and the other as a full time engineer for 8 months (I was recruited out). However, computer skills are a MUST, so get yourself some training in whatever way you can.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I agree with Nighttiger. Have you checked out your local state employment office? Many offer free education and training, especially with computer skills. Daycare centers often need help and don't alwaYs require early childhood education certification. Retail stores , grocery stores, Walmart, toys rus....god luck!
lisahappymom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Best wishes in landing a great job!

kats642
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Hi, my name is Kathy I am a stay at home mom, I work from home and love it. Working for this company is the best decision I ever made! It allows me to be home for my daughter and make a great income at the same time. You can do this anytime, around your family's schedule, day or night. All you need is a computer.
Contact me(Kathy) at kats642@gmail.com to get started today
instantmoneynetwork.com/Kathy642

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM
You've had some good suggestions, it's hard work but also Nursing aid in nursing home could be an option, good luck!
lowencope
by Lucy on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Great suggestions
WAHMommy13
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

There are alot of awesome suggestions on here!! I know how you feel i was in the same boat but instead of having my DH home he had to go to the city (which is about 3/12 hrs away from where we live) i though i was going to have to go back to work because we were really struggling but honestly i didnt want to leave my son. I did alot of looking and i found a company that helped me start my own home based business. All you need is a computer and pnone. If you want you can message me and i can give you all the info. It has made it where i can help DH bring in income and still be able to stay at home with my DS. 

And the other ladies on here had some great ideas too. It all depends on whether you want to try to stay home or if you want to leave your DD with someone and find something out of the home. Best wishes!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)