Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Are we old fogies?!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM
  • 12 Replies
DH & I went to dinner & a movie last night. My parents were watching the boys, but not overnight, so we decided to hit an earlier show then have dinner so we wouldn't be taking the kids home tooo late. Plus the 4:00 is cheaper :)

Anyway we were the only "young" people there. It looked like a nursing home in there...not trying to be rude, but it was...weird. Not weird that elderly folks enjoy the movies, LOL, just that there was NO ONE under 70 in there, LOL.

Sooo I guess DH & I are in the old fogies club now. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

haha! i've had that experience. what's as bad is seeing a movie with a bunch of young kids and having to yell at them to shut up or put their phones away! we've done that a few times, too. ; )

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL~ we have a running joke in our house that we eat with the elderly. We have dinner between 4 -430  because my husband leaves for work at 5pm. If it's a night that he has off and we go out for dinner most restaurants are full of elderly patrons and us :) At least we beat the crowds, lol.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I make DD go to movies before noon because if I go later in the day I'll fall asleep lol How old does that make me?

Mireya926
by Mire on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I had that experience. I had a doc appointment witch lasted 5-7min then I had the whole day to myself. I went to see Argo at the Matinee at 11am on a Weekday my did I feel old. overall that was my me time. The theatre was a bit empty and enjoyed it even more. I could write a book about the many times I feel I am getting old. For now that all I have.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Lol. I went to see a foreign film and my friend and I were the only ones under 70.

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We just did a movie on valentines day and it was at 4:30. There were lots of older people there. I'm ok with being in That crowd to save some $ though, movies are ridiculously overpriced.
lisahappymom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Welcome to the other side!  At least you and your DH still go to the movies!  My DH and I just rent a movie on Demand, and we usually need two nights to finish it because we fall asleep.    ;-)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
That's actually one reason we chose to go out-one of us ALWAYS ends up falling asleep when we watch movies at home, LOL.

Quoting lisahappymom:

Welcome to the other side!  At least you and your DH still go to the movies!  My DH and I just rent a movie on Demand, and we usually need two nights to finish it because we fall asleep.    ;-)

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
That's actually one reason we chose to go out-one of us ALWAYS ends up falling asleep when we watch movies at home, LOL.

Quoting lisahappymom:

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM

LOL. At least it was probably quiet! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)