Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

pole time

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: What have you tried?

Options:

avon

marykay

kitsy lane

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

So they advertise on the tv all the time that you can be an independent sales rep and make lots of money who has tried it? Werevyou successful?

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I haven't tried any.  From what I hear, the market is saturated with reps for the first two and I never heard of the third.

Connect with me.

Mireya926
by Mire on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I have not tried any. I have bought their products but no Am not the type of person who can go door to door.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I tried Discovery Toys & Melaleuca years ago. Failed miserably at both. I just couldn't bug my friends & family like that and external advertising got me nowhere.

There are other ways to make good $$ from home - I telecommute and make a great salary + benefits.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally think there are too many independent sales reps for these things. I get so frustrated with the friends who try to sell me stuff constantly that I avoid them. 

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
This. I even get people asking me to go to those damn parties from my hometown, a 3 hour drive!

Quoting mickstinator:

I personally think there are too many independent sales reps for these things. I get so frustrated with the friends who try to sell me stuff constantly that I avoid them. 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM
We are actually doing a Mary Kay thing today to help a friend.....otherwise I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleBoxTricks
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I tired avon which did not have any success because I hated asking people that I knew
flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I tried discovery toys but quickly realized I'm not a sales person so I failed. At least I got some cool toys outta the deal
Josie_P
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I haven't tried any.

LittleBoxTricks
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Kitsy Lane is an online jewelry store its free to set up and u get your own website with the choice of products for your own sales you get up to 25% commission on all orders its pretty neat I have set up my own site check it out www.courtneyspandorabox.kitsylane.com

If you like it message me and I have promo codes for 20 dollars off a 45 dollar order
www.courtneyspandorabox.kitsylane.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)