Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Anyone Else Self Employed?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi, all, I'm new to the group.  I'm self employed.  I'm a professional writer and copy editor.  I have challenges in common with both full time working moms and SAHMs.

Is anyone else in the group self employed (run a business, do freelance work, independenat contractor, ect)?  What do you do?  How you balance work and home when both are always there?

Connect with me.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I am not self employed but I do telecommute so the work/home issue is there. I've been telecommuting 5 years full time & 2 years part time (while teaching full time) before that, so my balance is pretty well figured out now. Of course it's easier now that all 3 kids are in school now, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

DH and I are self employed and I am also an independant contractor as a  hair sylist and esthetician. So I also work outside the house. When I am home it's pretty easy my kids are in school so I just do all the paperwork for both businesses while they are gone, then when they get home I'm done for the day. =)

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

That's great it works for you that way.  My little isn't school age yet.

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

DH and I are self employed and I am also an independant contractor as a  hair sylist and esthetician. So I also work outside the house. When I am home it's pretty easy my kids are in school so I just do all the paperwork for both businesses while they are gone, then when they get home I'm done for the day. =)

Connect with me.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I work full-time outside the home, but my ex is self employed. It works out great because he's always available to help with ds when I need him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN