Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Grocery Bill

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 35 Replies
Wow I just spent $200 worth of groceries the highest ever!
What is your bill like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM

It varies but can get really high. I buy for me, ds, my sister, brother, and my ex is here a lot. I spend about $700 a month. I use coupons and shop sales in order to keep the budget down.

Mireya926
by Mire on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM
It just my 5 year old and two adults. It should last at least two weeks I plan the meals and plus my son takes lunch to school. It also might be that he is going on a groth sprout. I made the mistake taking daddy. On the normal basis I spent $400 a month cuz I look for sales and plan our meals.

Quoting Mireya926:

Wow I just spent $200 worth of groceries the highest ever!

What is your bill like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
We always spend more when DH shops...he buys more snacks. We spend about 500-600/month probably. I don't track it closely. We rarely eat out, and I primarily cook fresh foods. My kids are good eaters. I can only imagine what the teen years will be like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We spend $200/week but that includes groceries, Friday night pizza, cleaners, toiletries, paper products...for our family of 5 (which inudes 3 bottomless pit boys).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I think I am about $300 - $350. I don't keep great track -  I do one big shopping day a month (meat, sides, cereals etc.) and then I end up going once a week for milk, cheese, fruit and veggies. 

I need to keep track of the extras, I am working on a budget for everything.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quite a bit more. two growing teen/ preteen boys, their friends are over alot, and they and dh are accustomed to meat (steak or lamb) most every night for dinner. We also live in the northeast and prices are quite high...
Mireya926
by Mire on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
3 moms liked this
yeah the teenage years is what am afraid of. And I tell people when they ask about having #2. My answere is: will you help me pay to maintain it. Lol

Quoting Loveplusmama:

We always spend more when DH shops...he buys more snacks. We spend about 500-600/month probably. I don't track it closely. We rarely eat out, and I primarily cook fresh foods. My kids are good eaters. I can only imagine what the teen years will be like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I'm watching my teen eat his sixth banana of the day, an hour and a half after dinner, since dinner----- two bananas, a cheese stick, a granola bar and a glass of juice.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
And I should add that he is six feet tall and maybe 140lbs dripping wet.

Quoting calsmom62:

I'm watching my teen eat his sixth banana of the day, an hour and a half after dinner, since dinner----- two bananas, a cheese stick, a granola bar and a glass of juice.

flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I try to keep it to $200 every two weeks for my family of 3 but I go over a lot
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN