Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Daycare moms, do u take offense to being called a part time mom?

Posted by   + Show Post
So I'm asked if I feel guilty for being a part time mom but I'm not a part time mom. I spend more hours with my kids than I do at work. 1 hr in the morning 4 hrs in the evening then about 24 hrs on the weekends. This time spent awake interacting. I'm also off or working at home when they're sick, we have the major holidays and I have 20 pto days per year. My job is 40 hrs per week. I work full time but by my calculations, I'm also being mom full-time by sheer number of hours. How can anyone say I don't spend time with my kids? Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Replies (31-32):
937mrsweaver
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM

amen!

Quoting jazzieshari:

You don't have to calculate the hours you spend with your kids being a FULL time mom is more then just the time u spend with them. Working to support your children is also what being a mother is about. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom and spend every waking moment with their children. If your children are healthy and happy then you are a wonderful mother and doing a great job. Forget what other people say. Let them live their farytail life n you continue to do what you have been doing. Don't worry

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I really only know other working moms, I don't know anyone personally that doesn't work, so no one would say that. That being said I would be annoyed by that person, really annoyed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)