Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: How many weeks do you work out of the summer?

Options:

none, i'm off all summer :)

1-3 weeks

4-6 weeks

7-9 weeks

the whole summer, I'm not off @ all :(

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

I am a pre-school teacher & for the 1st time i will have the summer off, usually my school does a summer camp, but it's just not "cost-effective" for my boss to do it so, this summer we will be closed. I have worked here 4 the past 7 years & never had a summer off, kinda lookin' forward 2 the break & re-charging 4 the fall.....not looking forward to the loss of income 4 the summer :( Anyone else in the same boat??

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

We usually take a family vacation during the summer. I could not stay home with the kids all summer. Nope, nosiree!!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I work all summer but I would like to do a small tip somewhere

cryzmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

that was my summer when my son was in elementary & middle school~almost done w/HS now

Quoting calsmom62:

We usually take a week off to go on a family trip and I take a second week to take the scouts to camp.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
They grow up fast!!!

Quoting cryzmom:

that was my summer when my son was in elementary & middle school~almost done w/HS now

Quoting calsmom62:

We usually take a week off to go on a family trip and I take a second week to take the scouts to camp.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Typically the whole summer so thats what I put. However, I'm due with our second in June, so I will take a few weeks off then.

cryzmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

enjoy...it goes by SO fast

Quoting flutter523:

Working summer school is optional and I usually work but this year with a new baby ill be staying home

Denisethedaring
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My job does summer hours, which means you work an extra hour a day and get every other Friday off...I looove that! 

HotMama330
I heard it said one time that life is like a stove with four burners. The pots on the stove are friends, family, career and health. Two pots are always on the front burners and two are always on the back. Do you think speaks true about your life?
Today at 2:46 PM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm self employed so no time off for me, except a day here and there.  Time off equals loss of income.  So I can sympathize.  For me, though, I experience little or no income around Christmas.

Connect with me.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I'll  be working most of the summer, although I'm hoping by then the funds will be available to at least give me part time help so I can enjoy the weather with dd. 

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I definitely plan more time off during the summer but I work all year round. So far we have 5 days around memorial day for a family reunion and a week in July. Hoping to get my parents here too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN