Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Poll

Question: How many weeks do you work out of the summer?

Options:

none, i'm off all summer :)

1-3 weeks

4-6 weeks

7-9 weeks

the whole summer, I'm not off @ all :(

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

I am a pre-school teacher & for the 1st time i will have the summer off, usually my school does a summer camp, but it's just not "cost-effective" for my boss to do it so, this summer we will be closed. I have worked here 4 the past 7 years & never had a summer off, kinda lookin' forward 2 the break & re-charging 4 the fall.....not looking forward to the loss of income 4 the summer :( Anyone else in the same boat??

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this

We usually take a family vacation during the summer. I could not stay home with the kids all summer. Nope, nosiree!!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I work all summer but I would like to do a small tip somewhere

cryzmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

that was my summer when my son was in elementary & middle school~almost done w/HS now

Quoting calsmom62:

We usually take a week off to go on a family trip and I take a second week to take the scouts to camp.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
They grow up fast!!!

Quoting cryzmom:

that was my summer when my son was in elementary & middle school~almost done w/HS now

Quoting calsmom62:

We usually take a week off to go on a family trip and I take a second week to take the scouts to camp.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Typically the whole summer so thats what I put. However, I'm due with our second in June, so I will take a few weeks off then.

cryzmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:49 PM

enjoy...it goes by SO fast

Quoting flutter523:

Working summer school is optional and I usually work but this year with a new baby ill be staying home

Denisethedaring
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My job does summer hours, which means you work an extra hour a day and get every other Friday off...I looove that! 

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm self employed so no time off for me, except a day here and there.  Time off equals loss of income.  So I can sympathize.  For me, though, I experience little or no income around Christmas.

Connect with me.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I'll  be working most of the summer, although I'm hoping by then the funds will be available to at least give me part time help so I can enjoy the weather with dd. 

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I definitely plan more time off during the summer but I work all year round. So far we have 5 days around memorial day for a family reunion and a week in July. Hoping to get my parents here too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN