Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Poll

Question: How many weeks do you work out of the summer?

Options:

none, i'm off all summer :)

1-3 weeks

4-6 weeks

7-9 weeks

the whole summer, I'm not off @ all :(

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

I am a pre-school teacher & for the 1st time i will have the summer off, usually my school does a summer camp, but it's just not "cost-effective" for my boss to do it so, this summer we will be closed. I have worked here 4 the past 7 years & never had a summer off, kinda lookin' forward 2 the break & re-charging 4 the fall.....not looking forward to the loss of income 4 the summer :( Anyone else in the same boat??

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Replies (21-27):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I wish I was off all Summer!

I usually take a full week and then days here and there for the Summer.  We already have something planned for June, but outside of that I don't know what else.

at0313
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I have to work but I have vacation time so I'll take at least a week off
andrea96
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I usually take a week off at some point during the summer, but my kids' summer break is 11 weeks.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I usually take about 2 weeks off the end of August to go see my family

MansfieldMama
by Angela on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I teach high school, and I used to work summer school (only one semester).  Last year I decided to take the summer off, and it was amazing!  I told my husband I was never going to work during the summer again. :)  I'm staying true to my word, and will be off the whole summer this year.  My boys are extremely happy with that decision.  I get paid all year, so it doesn't impact our finances.  We always go on vacation in July when my husband takes a week off, too.

sarahfire
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Summer is the same as any other season around here; I just need to find someone to watch my 7 yr old or put him in the daycare my 2 yr old goes to. The only thing I hate is the extra expense of daycare during the summer.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I work all summer long.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)