Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Working mother

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hi my name is Lexi I'm 23 years old with two boys age 7 & 3 I am also married. I work a full time job that is very stressful. I was working 8hour days now I'm working any where between 6-10 hour days. I feel like I have no time for my boys or husband & it makes me feel like a bad mother & wife. By the time I get home from work my boys have already ate dinner and are fixing to go to bed. Any advise on how to deal??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurbabe82
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Just make the most with them on your days off. Maybe do a special bed time thing with them when you get home.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Know that you are doing what you need for your family. Make every moment you have with your family quality time. And if you find that it just isn't worth it, seek something new if possible.
Denisethedaring
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM

First advice:  you're not a bad wife or mother!!  Is the hours increase to 10 hours temporary? 

Lexi.M.Wood
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM
On my days off I do make what I can with them but I have split days off Friday & Sunday and I just got these days off so it's kinda hard on me. Sunday we are trying to make that our family day and spend time together but it's kinds hard bc I spend most of my time cleaning
Lexi.M.Wood
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
No it's all the time i wish it was temporary
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Is there a way that you could get the family involved in cleanup? That way you could zoom thru the house in an hour or two and be fine to spend the rest of the day playing.
itsm3
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM

make the most on weekends and days off.  put them to bed and make it special - lots of cuddles etc.  life is life and there's nothing we can do to change it; we're doign the best we can with what we have so no point in feeling guilty or beating yourself up about it.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Yes, agreed with the above posters, focus on the time you do have. Can your budget in house cleaning help to ease week-end chores. Can you have one day a week, that you know is the 6 hour day and plan special take-out or meal on that day? Do you get to eat breakfast with them everyday or can you? Good luck!
SerenityBerry
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

You can also adjust bed times on friday and saturday nights so that it allows you a little more time with them on those days. 

Lexi.M.Wood
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
It's harder with my oldest bc he goes to school and eats breakfast there and I'm normally sleeping bc I go to work at 1030am so my husband gets the oldest up and out the door for school. My husband tells me all the time how amazing I am for what I do and deal with. I guess it's just being a female and hormones that make me feel that way. On Sundays I make the most of what I can with them. Thank you everyone :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN