Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rashy

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 11 Replies

Steph has an allover body rash, we are hoping it is just all-over dry skin, but it's not likely since it is all over.  DH put lotion on it before I realized it was a rash and not just dry skin.  She did NOT like that.  So I called her doctor today and they can't see her until tomorrow.  So tonight will be a baking soda, benadryl, cortisone night for her and DH (I have class).  I will leave work early tomorrow to take her, but IDK what this could be.  We haven't changed any soaps or detergents, no new foods, no new places.  I just can't figure it out.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

my friends daughter woke up with a rash and it was an allergy to lice

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Oh dear God!! I don't even want to think of lice!  and an allergy to it is even worse!  But possible since there are insect allergies all over my family!

Quoting leahbeah143:

my friends daughter woke up with a rash and it was an allergy to lice

iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Poor thing. It could be any number of things if she's in daycare. Ian's come home with hand, foot mouth and then a few months later, he had scabies. (Daycare told me he'd been exposed to shingles the week before. When I told pedi, she thought the other child was likely misdiagnosed since shingles isn't typically a disease 18 month olds contract). Hope it clears up.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We both contract HFM last year.  I think I actually gave it to her, since I had symptoms first.  This child has brought everything home!

6 weeks, roseola.  Not very common for  a baby that young.   Lots of colds, flus, etc. Exposed to Whooping cough early last year, when she was just over a year old.  But I can't control what other parents do when their child is not well.  I can only keep her home when I know she isn't 100%

Quoting iansmommy9:

Poor thing. It could be any number of things if she's in daycare. Ian's come home with hand, foot mouth and then a few months later, he had scabies. (Daycare told me he'd been exposed to shingles the week before. When I told pedi, she thought the other child was likely misdiagnosed since shingles isn't typically a disease 18 month olds contract). Hope it clears up.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Viral? Didn't she just get over an illness? My daughter had Norovirus a few weeks ago (thinks the doctor) and she had hives/a rash all over afterward. He said that happens sometimes after a sickness. Blood work and everything else was normal.
Maybe that's it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I hope she gets to feeling better!
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

She had a day of vomitting a couple weeks ago.  We thought it was something she ate.  She has been ok since then, but she will be going to the Dr. this afternoon to have it looked at.  We will see.  I don't like when my baby is itchy!  And this morning, she looked at me and said "I have a little bit of a rash!"

Quoting rissarin:

Viral? Didn't she just get over an illness? My daughter had Norovirus a few weeks ago (thinks the doctor) and she had hives/a rash all over afterward. He said that happens sometimes after a sickness. Blood work and everything else was normal.
Maybe that's it?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Won't let me update in mobile bit dr says its dry akin. Good to know its not something to worry over.
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Ds1 was the rashiest kid....almost every less ended in a rash.

DS2 still struggles with exscema especially when he is fighting a virus.

Hope your daughter feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM

What a relief, huh? Glad she's okay.

Quoting deccaf:

Won't let me update in mobile bit dr says its dry akin. Good to know its not something to worry over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)