Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Meal planning

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Has been going well!  HOwever, I totally blew it today and forgot to put anything in the crockpot, so we are having takeout tonight.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

That's quite alright.  :)

I STINK at meal planning.  I think part of it has to do with the fact that DH does 99% of the dinner cooking, LOL.  He has NO interest in meal planning and if I buy ingredients for specific meals, he refuses to use the ingredients for that and uses them for something else.

Sooo...I *could* cook it myself, but I'd RATHER he cook whatever he wants so I don't have to cook, LOL

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Yeah, if DH cooked, we would eat burritos, frozen pizza or McDonald's every night.  I recently started meal planning, and while it hasn't really saved me much money, it has saved the nightly "what do you want" I don't know" conversation, AND, since fast food and eating out are less frequent (except last weekend, when my mom and sis were in town), I have lost a few pounds! 

Quoting the3Rs:

I STINK at meal planning.  I think part of it has to do with the fact that DH does 99% of the dinner cooking, LOL.  He has NO interest in meal planning and if I buy ingredients for specific meals, he refuses to use the ingredients for that and uses them for something else.

Sooo...I *could* cook it myself, but I'd RATHER he cook whatever he wants so I don't have to cook, LOL

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Always a nice bonus!

I have to admit, DH is a far better cook than I am, and he has well balanced meals.  I'm more like your DH...leave it up to me and it won't be that healthy, LOL.

Quoting deccaf:

Yeah, if DH cooked, we would eat burritos, frozen pizza or McDonald's every night.  I recently started meal planning, and while it hasn't really saved me much money, it has saved the nightly "what do you want" I don't know" conversation, AND, since fast food and eating out are less frequent (except last weekend, when my mom and sis were in town), I have lost a few pounds! 

Quoting the3Rs:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM

We have to play to our strengths.  I went to culinary school, so it is natural for me to do the cooking.  I work in accounting, it is natural for me to handle the bills.  

Quoting the3Rs:

Always a nice bonus!

I have to admit, DH is a far better cook than I am, and he has well balanced meals.  I'm more like your DH...leave it up to me and it won't be that healthy, LOL.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting the3Rs:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM

That's ok. It happens. Sometimes I forget to take the meat out of the freezer so we end up having waffles or something like that for supper.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah....there are times that I have everything ready to cook and on my way home I will say "I'm going to McDonalds" because I just don't feel like cooking.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
It is the opposite In our house. As long as we have a plan (made by me) DH will get dinner ready.

Quoting the3Rs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I have put everything in the pot, and then not turned it on, yuk!!

Turns into breakfast night really quick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM
I hate the conversations of what do you want for dinner. I swear he never has an input
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I have forgotten to take out meat before. Those turn into breakfast for dinner nights. I don't meal plan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN