Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Looks like it's time

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 26 Replies

to start focusing on potty training my ds. He'll be 2.5 on the 9th. He really hasn't seemed interested before now so the plan was to wait until after we moved in May. This week he's started taking his dirty diapers off and bringing me a clean one. My mil told me last night that he did it twice and she found him sitting naked on the toilet lol (he'd taken his jammies off). She said that they're going to buy a potty chair to keep at their house and we'll go from there. I'm so ready for him to be out of diapers but then it reminds me that he's not a baby anymore :(

I just ordered him a potty watch from Amazon that's more to remind me than him. (I added it to get free shipping for my opks lol) Hopefully it'll go smoothly and we'll be out of diapers and into those cute little underwear.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated :D

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! It is a happy and sad time all at once. Yay for no diapers though!

I'm not much help with advice though. My DS just one day decided he was done with diapers and that was the end of it. He was 19 months!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Steph is nearly out of diapers now.  She seemed ready, so I got daycare on board.  I suggest putting him in undies and taking him every 15 minutes at first.  Then work up.  Steph is now up to 2 hours at a time with 3 days in a row with no accidents! 
Good Luck!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Be on a timer in the beginning.  It doesn't matter if he needs to go or not, just get on a timer and just have him sit there.  Bring a book to keep him company.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Lucky! Jackson did that with his pacifier but I don't think I'll get that lucky with potty training lol

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Good luck! It is a happy and sad time all at once. Yay for no diapers though!

I'm not much help with advice though. My DS just one day decided he was done with diapers and that was the end of it. He was 19 months!

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep in mind that accidents will happen.  My DD has been potty trained for nearly a year and a half and still has accidents.

Connect with me.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Good idea. My mil is on board with getting him started so we'll have to sit down and figure out a good schedule :)

Quoting deccaf:

Steph is nearly out of diapers now.  She seemed ready, so I got daycare on board.  I suggest putting him in undies and taking him every 15 minutes at first.  Then work up.  Steph is now up to 2 hours at a time with 3 days in a row with no accidents! 
Good Luck!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM

The watch I got him has setting for 30, 60 and 90 minutes so that'll definitely help. I might see if I can find some good potty books for him to read.

Quoting M4LG5:

Be on a timer in the beginning.  It doesn't matter if he needs to go or not, just get on a timer and just have him sit there.  Bring a book to keep him company.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm not too worried about accidents. I am worried that dh will get irritated with ds about it if/when he does have an accident. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Quoting HotMama330:

Keep in mind that accidents will happen.  My DD has been potty trained for nearly a year and a half and still has accidents.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Just any books will do.  You want him to sit down for a period of time so anything that can keep his attention.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

The watch I got him has setting for 30, 60 and 90 minutes so that'll definitely help. I might see if I can find some good potty books for him to read.

Quoting M4LG5:

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Hmmm maybe I can kill two birds with one stone and work on his colors with him lol

Quoting M4LG5:

Just any books will do.  You want him to sit down for a period of time so anything that can keep his attention.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Quoting M4LG5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN