Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Bad Day (Vent)

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so i work over nights so i am going off a 1/2 sleep got off work come home changed clothes got ds2 fed and dress left spent 300 dollars on tires (ick) went and picked up dd from her grandma and i found out she has been horrible nuclear melt down after nuclear melt down, we then picked up ds1 from ran to the bank where dd was torchering her baby brother ugh went through the car wash which they loved came home Ds1 and DD started at each others throat ALL night long Ugh why can't they just get alone DD pushed DS2 down several time and when i got after her for it she went into nuclear melt down then the attitude ooo the frickin attitude. Put Ds2 to bed dd and ds2 started at it yet again Sent dd to bed and ds1 wanted alone time with mommy played a video game soo night ended well but DD is something else UGH

sorry just needed to rant and is all ran together

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM

A 4 yr old knows exaclty what buttons she is pushing when she throws tantrums like that.  I send mine to her room or to time out until she calms down or behaves.  Good Luck! 

FYI--Theres a group called Night Owls for Night Shift working Mamas like you (and me)!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114947

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Days like that are no fun. I hope today goes better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happylife123
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

today is starting out worse but thanks maybe it iwll get better

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Oof, days like that do require venting! 

Sometimes when my kids get crazy like that and I'm in a bad mood, I put on my big girl panties and take them all to the park or something where they can be crazy kids. Sometimes that helps to rest the mood.

Seems like 4 and 5 year olds go through phases like this sometimes. Good luck! Hope you can get some sanity back!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Ugh, I am so sorry. I really struggle with some nuclear meltdowns in my house too. It makes for long days.

Night shift is so brutal. get some rest!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

yikes, I hope you're able to catch up on some rest!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I hope today went better for you

happylife123
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM

it started out rough but than we had a day of shopping and fun and it went good :)

Quoting cjsmom1:

I hope today went better for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)