Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for a new gym... What are some of your requirement?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 11 Replies

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermomz25
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I go to 24 Hour Fitness.

flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I like classes sons good variety of those at the times I go are a must
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I work nights, so 24 hour Fitness works for me because sometimes I wake at 4am on my nights and would rather go to the gym since only infomercials are on tv

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Programs at times I like/need, convenient location to home or work (and not somewhere in between), plenty of equipment, clean, provides a towel service (since much of my exercise happens during the work day). Cost needs to be reasonable.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Where I live there is 1 gym, so it's take it or leave it. However, for such a small town, I think they do have a good variety of equipment and classes. I think you should just look for the types of things you enjoy at the gym, and then make sure a new gym offers all of that for you. Not much help, sorry.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM

For me it would have to be a variety of equipment and classes. Also having a daycare is a big plus.

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I don't really do classes, so the equipment, both cardio and weights, is important to me. A free place for the kids to stay is a plus, too. However, the biggest reason we use the YMCA is that, by being members, we get a discount on our afterschool and summer/break care. So, it's basically like having a free membership for us. And, my 10-year-old can use the cardio equipment there, too.

Before the Y, I belonged to 24 Hour Fitness. I do miss it's longer hours.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no time for a gym, so I have no requirements.  I guess my biggie would be cleanliness and newness of equipment.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM
When you're in a smaller town, you don't have many requirements. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

towel service, clean washrooms/showers/change area, plenty of equipment (esp free weights), diversity of classes (dff classes at diff times, esp early AM)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)