Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Kiddo needs glasses

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 8 Replies

DD has been recently complaining about not being able to see the board when she's sitting in class, so I made her an eye doctor appt at Costco on Saturday morning. The doctor was really nice, and while we were waiting to see the doctor, they got some of her other eye testing done, so that was nice. Anyways, they did confirm that she has trouble seeing far away, and gave her a prescription, so she got to pick out a pair of glasses, which she was actually excited about lol she picked out a pair of "nerd glasses" which are apparently cool right now.

Now, since I didn't go with somebody within my insurance network, I have to submit my reciepts and get reimbursed, so we'll see how quickly that goes lol I'm mailing in my paperwork today, so let's hope for no issues!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

With our insurance, that's the only way to do it.  It's a pain but hopefully, it will be processed quickly for you.

Connect with me.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Good luck on getting reimbursed and I'm glad your DD likes her glasses!  My oldest just got new glasses around Christmas and really likes them.  He wanted to try contacts, but he just can't get the darn things in his eyes.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quoting the3Rs:

Good luck on getting reimbursed and I'm glad your DD likes her glasses!  My oldest just got new glasses around Christmas and really likes them.  He wanted to try contacts, but he just can't get the darn things in his eyes.

I told her we would not even discuss contacts until she can prove she will take care of her glasses

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Oh absolutely.  Same here.  He has had his glasses since he was 10 and he is now 13.  We've only had to replace them once and they were just plain getting old.  :)

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting the3Rs:

I told her we would not even discuss contacts until she can prove she will take care of her glasses

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Good luck with reimbursement!  I'm glad she got glasses.  I remember at 8 or 9 I had such horrible headaches caused by really bad vision.  And to make it worse, we were on welfare, so I got the welfare glasses.  Ew.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I'm glad she likes her glasses.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM

At least she was excited :) Hopefully the paperwork goes smooth

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Glad she likes her glasses. Hopefully the paperwork goes through smoothly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN