Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Squeezing in time to take care of yourself?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 25 Replies

How do you do it? 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I am admittedly very bad at it. But I figured out I need to change some things in my life (health wise) and in order to do it, I have to make an appointment with myself. (we will see how it goes) 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I don't, it's part of the reason I'm as big as I am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Eat lunch at my desk and take 1/2 hour to work out during that lunch time.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I exercise during my break at work, I delegate days that i do particular things such as dat of cleaning, day of errands, day of gym, day of dog park and family weekend.  I cook in bulk so i dont have to cook every day freeing up some of my time.  I wake up late at night such as 4am when everyone else is asleep and spend an hour having some quiet time.

christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:31 AM
I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I started walking with my mil after I get to her place to pick up Jackson. I figured we'd sit and visit for an hour, why not use part of that time to get some exercise in. I'm currently up to 1.1 miles (my mil walks more than that during the day) and I'm hoping to add more to it soon. I'm pretty proud of myself considering I haven't really "exercised" since I was pregnant with Jackson.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I go to the gym during lunch. I get an hour for lunch so that's nice. I try to go at least 3 days a week. If I go 6 times per month, my employer will pay my gym dues.

On the weekends, when the kids are occupied for a while, I will sneak into the TV room and do a workout DVD. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30, or Bob Harper's Butt and Balance. They're only 30 minutes but it helps.

Also, when the weather is nice, I will walk to the grocery store and around town to do my errands. I live 6 blocks from the store, and 5 blocks from downtown (small town), so walking is a great way to sneak in some exercise. And usually no one wants to go with me so it's a great way to sneak in some alone time as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)