Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Snow day

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 15 Replies

Again!  I've lost count how many snow days/late starts/early releases we've had this winter due to the snow.  Another 10+ inches are expected by the end of today.

Yeehaw! 

The only bad part is, that I still have to work - so my kids are here and I can't hang out with them.

Boo.

Hoping to go sledding later after work. :)

How's your day going?

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM

ICK! I'm so sick of snow days! I'm hoping we're done with them for this year.

My morning has been ok so far. Afternoon, though - well, I've got 3 meetings, so not much will get done.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Yuck for snow days, yay for after work time with kiddos!

My day is just normal.  A little busier than usual, but it's all good!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
You're getting what we had. Again. ;)

I don't remember having this many snow days when I was younger! It's pretty wild.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM

We have had a couple of winters where the teachers started giving up their in-service days because they were running out of make-up days in June. We *knock on wood* have seen NO snow this year so far.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM
My day got off to a rough start. Early pedi appointment, an accident after both dd and I were dressed, and empty gas tank courtesy of dh. I still have to work (I work from home though so weather is never an excuse lol).
paytonleximomma
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Snow day here for the kiddos again.  We just had one last week.  I am working until at least 1pm and then am heading home.  I dont know if my car will make it home if I stay to much later.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I work from home as well - so no snow days for me either.  However *sometimes* I get a "weather day" when the internet or power gets knocked out.  :)

Quoting boshs1andonly:

My day got off to a rough start. Early pedi appointment, an accident after both dd and I were dressed, and empty gas tank courtesy of dh. I still have to work (I work from home though so weather is never an excuse lol).

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I'm tired of snow too. We had a small storm hit yesterday that didn't amount to much but were targeted again for saturday. Luckily I think we get a 60 f day in between on thursday :)
Traci_Momof2
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My kids have a snow day today but it's the first one since my oldest started school (he is currently in 2nd grade).  I live in Minnesota, but I am in the Twin Cities area.  It's rare for us here to have snow days because we have awesome plows that get out there right away.  We also don't get all that blowing snow that they get out in the prairie so it's just not as bad for us.  Now the rural areas of MN, they get a lot of snow days because the busses can't get out on the rural roads.

What it means for the kids is that they spend the entire day at our daycare providers house.  What it means for me is a day in the office like normal, though I did stay home a couple hours later to wait out the rush hour traffic.  Traffic gets horrible when it snows.  But work still needs to be done.  In the office, we're much more likely to be sent home for a power outage than for snow.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I definitely don't miss snow days. Work has been boring and I'm ready to get home to go for my walk. I did get good news about my fil's cancer being undetectable :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN