Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Dh keeps spending my money!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

 I am the sole money maker. Dh is currently on unemployment and our plan is for him to be a SAHD when this baby girl is born. Only my name is on the bank account and I handle all expenses. I have no problem giving him money when he needs it. He's a smoker so a lot of the money I give him goes to cigs. Blah stick out tongue mini

The last two nights he got the debit card out and went to the store for cigs. Yesterday I simply asked him what he spent the 11 dollars on, it was cigs and coffee. This morning there is another transaction for cigs!! He didn't even look at the check book or he would have seen we had 0 dollars in the bank!!!! I had cash in my purse and he just got his unemployement yesterday!! So why did he use the debit card!!! I am so aggravated with him. Luckily I did have some money in there that I need to pay a bill with, so we didn't go negative. But now I have to go put $5 in just to pay this bill that I"ve been waiting months to pay! I would yell at him but he's still in bed, ds had an hour delay so he won't be up for another hour and I'm pissed!

Ugh! Just had to vent!

 BabyFetus Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Sorry mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
That is so frustrating. May be time to Dave Ramsey him and give him the mutual allotted budget in cash weekly or monthly, so he can have more sense of control.

Maybe with extra time, and new baby, he will re-evaluate and find motivation to quit!! I hope so for your bank account & his health and longevity!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsMimna
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Oh, so sorry :(  sounds like hubby doesn't respect the fact that you are trying to support your family. He may be doing it because he feels some jealousy (childish yes). Or he just has no self control which will continue unless you do something about it. Maybe a long talk is in order :)

Good Luck !!!fingers crossed


deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM

That would make me upset.  We keep our accounts separate.  He knows to ask before spending anything or transferring money out of my account.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I had to get my own account away from my ex because he didn't care if he ran our account negative.

flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM
That's annoying!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I'm sorry :( With DH, we have 3 accounts...1 joint and 1 for each of us. Anything we make together goes in the joint account (from businesses we run). I don't put any of the money I make from my job in there. What I do is put the first XXX dollars from each of my paycheck direct deposit in his account for his bills and his expenses. The rest goes into mine and I pay all the household bills plus my bills. We do a budget together, but I expect him to keep an eye on his money. He's great about this 99% of the time. The other 1% where he needs extra cash that month annoys me, but its not often and FAR better than having either our money tied together or me having to write him a check each month. Hopefully you guys can figure it out.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be mad also. I would tell him the account went negative hoping he realizes how tight money is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Monkeymama930
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM
That is so my ex he spent my rent money on amazon >:/ he just used my debt card # that he had memorized and went and spent spent spent until the card kicked back that he had hit the limit. Just because he wanted to.
He was always bad with money he would spend money like it was nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN