Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I can't believe him!!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 14 Replies
Yesterday I turned in my resignation and several ppl were shocked by this and really want me to stay. On my way out the CEO caught me in the hall and wanted to talk to me. During our conversation he tried to make me feel guilty about leaving!! He said he wishes I would have have him more of a notice...I have 2 weeks and 3 days until my last day and rearranged appts so I could be in office all day everyday. I think I was very fair about it. Has anyone else's boss tried to make you feel guilty about leaving?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Yes and I hated it. Made me wish I had given no notice at all. Also made me want to tell him that if they had treated me better as an employee, maybe I would not have been looking for another job at all. So sorry you have to deal with that crap. Hopefully it doesn't last your whole 2 weeks.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM

No.  But I have really only left jobs due to moving. 

Sorry you are dealing with a rude employer.  Hopefully the time goes quickly.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM

no, thankfully they have been very understanding and supportive.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM

No, not really. And 2 weeks is standard and therefore more than fair.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

My last job actually put me on leave of absence for 3 months and refused to accept my resignation. I was moving from MN to TX. I ended up sending them another resignation letter right before my leave of absence ended to let them know I wasn't coming back.

I'm sorry they're making you feel guilty. My dh's previous job did the same to him. He gave them almost 2 weeks notice (I think he turned it in on Tuesday since he worked 3rd shift) and his manager told him that he needed to finish out the full 2 weeks.

flutter523
by Tracy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM
That's terrible. My boss most definitely wouldn't guilt me for leaving. We don't exactly see things the same way lol. Good luck !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Yup. When I quit, I gave my boss two weeks notice. He sent me an email back saying he was not surprised but disappointed in how "unprofessionally" I handled quitting. He then tried to demand I change my schedule for my last 2 weeks and then didn't talk to me for the rest of the time. He acted like a 2 year old that didn't get his way. Actually, that would be an insult to 2 year olds! He was really pissed because he was getting me for cheap and he knew it....everyone knew it. Once I told people I was quitting, they told me they were surprised I stayed for as long as I did with the boss I had. My new job is 10k times better!!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I always give a month notice, due to my role with patients, but 2 weeks is considered proper etiquette in most jobs. But yes, Nearly every job I quit has guilted me. My first practice offered me more money to stay. My second practice offered me more money to stay and made me feel horrible for leaving. my last one, I left offered me a several different positions.

But in the end, moving on has always been the right decision!

Stay strong, it just means you are a really good employee and that should make you proud!
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I've never had this problem. I have only quit a job once before and that was because I moved. It's wrong for an employer to do that.
Monkeymama930
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM
My contract states I have to give 30 days. But no ones has ever made me feel guilty wish they would I would take it as a sign they cared :-/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)