Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Having a rough time

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
  • 16 Replies
I'm having such a hard time dealing with everything right now. I haven't had a day off in over a month and a half and won't have one off for at least 2 weeks. Even working this much I'm still behind on my student loans. Ds has been upset with me lately because I'm working too much. If it's not one thing it's always another. Vent over
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Look into a higher paying job so you can pay it off sooner.  Maybe work nights so you can see your son more.

christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:23 AM
I understand entirely. Hugs, mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I've been trying to but haven't found anything yet. It took a while to find the jobs I'm at now.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Look into a higher paying job so you can pay it off sooner.  Maybe work nights so you can see your son more.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I hope things start looking up for you guys soon!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I'm sorry.  Can you contact your student loan place and get reduced payments or a defer them for a short time?  I know a lot of times, they will work with you, especially if you contact them before there is a major issue.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I've already deferred them once. Everything is just really overwhelming right now.

Quoting deccaf:

I'm sorry.  Can you contact your student loan place and get reduced payments or a defer them for a short time?  I know a lot of times, they will work with you, especially if you contact them before there is a major issue.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM

*hugs*

I really hope you can get a day off soon!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I'm sorry. Hang in there.

Would a bank work with you on refinancing your student loans so the monthly payment is less? That might be a bit helpful depending on how much it could change.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
The loans are low interest. It's just hard paying them with all my other bills.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I'm sorry. Hang in there.

Would a bank work with you on refinancing your student loans so the monthly payment is less? That might be a bit helpful depending on how much it could change.

HotMama330
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM

You're not alone.

Connect with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)