Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
I recently wrote a grant to get a new class pet. I was approved, and pet smart gave me $175 for the purchase of a pet snake and a starter kit. I ended up spending $80 for what would have easily cost me upwards of $200.

Her name is meadow, and she is a baby snow corn snake. She currently resides in my apartment, but will be relocated to my classroom after spring break.

My 4 year old is thrilled, and my 18 mo old is interested, too.

Dh is creeped out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Replies (21-21):
christaberk
by Christa on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I have put a heating pad on the floor and covered it with a blanket. I put her rock hide on top of the towel. I hope she finds it D I find her. Dh said we aren't buying another snake.

Quoting Steph925:

I have 2 ball pythons in my house I love them and so does the family. One of ours got out almost 3 years ago and our heater broke. We couldn't find him any where but could hear him well a week later and coming in the house with a new snake we found him on top of his cage wrapped around his light (he knew where some heat would be) but there was no heat we shut it off after he got out. Well after that we got them a bigger cage and one they couldn't get out of.

So my advice for finding the little one just shut off ur heat for a few days it will show up

Quoting christaberk:

Thanks!

She eats frozen pinkie mice right now. Two mice once per week.

She actually got loose yesterday in my apartment. Idk where she is, or how I will find her. I'm confident she will turn up, I just wish I knew where she was.

Quoting Marti123:

Great job with your grant writing!!

Do you have buy mice for it weekly?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)